OHIO KNIFE KNUTS ROLL CALL ....

Mark at MJS does the shows a lot from what I understand. He mentioned a show to me a while back that he said was a really good one. It was in Hilliard, Ohio not too far from Columbus. I'd be willing to take a trip down there if I was fairly certain it was going to be good.

I'll send a note over to Mark and ask for some dates. Oh yeah, the Akron show is or at least was- pretty disappointing, knife-wise. Not really worth your time. Unless you wanted some used and overpriced Spydercos.

clip

Mark-

Small world is right! I live about 2 miles from Jamie's and my company, Nordson, is about 2 more miles away in the other direction. I pass by it all the time!

Sorry to say, but the building that the knife guy was in was burnt to the ground by two teenage girls playing with matches. (you might remember that from the local news)Because there wasn't enough room for the displaced vendors, they just kind of disappeared. And they couldn't really set up outside because this happened in the late fall last year, too cold out.

My wife and I were over there like a month or so ago and the new building was almost complete. So I'm not sure if he's gonna be back or not- I hope so, even though he had kind of a weird selection- he was a pretty cool guy. I bought my first "real" tactical style folder from him- an Emerson Raven. It was obviously used, so we worked out a good deal. I'd like to see him back out there.

clip

Mark-

I think I hear the theme from the Twilight Zone!
biggrin.gif

This was some time ago, like the fall of 97 maybe beginning of 98 I think. It had a black coated clip point blade, black handles, and it looked like slot in the pivot head screw was torn up a little, possibly from an improperly sized flat blade screw driver. I believe I gave him $50.00 for it. Although I traded it off a long ways back....

clip

The Hilliard gun show is pretty good. I go every time. MJ&S are always set up there, bought a number of things fom them over the years.Seems like there's some cutlery items in every display. 3 buildings, mostly guns and gun oriented stuff. Bought a Gerber LMF cheapo one time. You Ohio Knife Knuts make it down here for the show and we'll hold our first official meeting and talk blades!

[This message has been edited by Brees (edited 03-22-2000).]

The next PRO gun show will be at Scioto Downs racetrack just south of Columbus on Rt 23 (S. High St., about 3 miles from I270) on April 8th and 9th. Easy to get to. Not in Hilliard due to scheduling conflicts at the fairgrounds. You might want to email MJ&S to see if they are exhibiting. They are by far the largest cutlery dealer in the show. 614-523-7767 will give more info about the show. $6 to get in, ladies free. Sorry,unfortunately never any ladies there!

From the gun show its about 20 minutes to the knife dealer out in Pataskala. And a good restaurant nearby.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Brees (edited 03-22-2000).]

A show and then over to a dealer in one day?!?! Now that would be fun!

I'd honestly be interested in going- only problem I could see is that I'm tentatively scheduled to go down to Argentina either the first or second week in April. Hopefully that gets pushed back further. Although right now, there's nothing really set in stone.

If anyone else would like to or can go, let's hear from you- this could be a pretty good time!

clip

Hello all...I live on the east side of Cincinnati, about 1mi from East Fork lake. Seems to be quite a few here at the forums who live in Ohio, I have only meet one though..Paul Davidson, who I think would qualify as a knife nut! as do I
smile.gif

------------------
~Keith~
"War to the knife and knife to the hilt"

Mark:

Thanks for the email!!!!!!! I'm from Berea and really enjoy my knives. I buy and trade autos and prefer MT or MOD now! Hi to all you guys!

PatC
smile.gif
smile.gif

Back