OK. Done with orders. Lets hash out some new policy.

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Alright guys. I am done with orders. I am not willing to just start piling up a bunch of orders, but I am willing to do small runs for y'all if you are interested.

The first run will be limited to ten knives. I want this to occur every other month or so. We may have to ajust that as time goes on. Subsequent runs are likely going to be 5 people. If it gets where we can't fill at least 5 spots, I am going to let it drift west. For the first run I am proposing a handle configuration of Cocobolo scales, and natural canvas micarta liners, bolsters, pins, and bullseye fillers, but that part is negotiable. In this first run, a participant can choose his model/models. Please don't ask for all ten spots. Max of two spots per person please. When the list is full, I will order the steel, and document the whole process. Edited to add that I'd like to stick to Woodsman size or smaller.

*The point of doing a common handle configuration is to keep the overhead down. If there is some combo that is affordable, practical, and you want better, I can ajust that part. I won't be doing stabalized woods though. I want this knife close to base price. The bolsters add $20, but I'd like that to be the end of upgrades.

Signup here by picking your model. Then please send me an e-mail that contains all of your contact information. This e-mail will serve as your signing up and your name doesn't go onto the list until I have that 411.

Thanks!!!

Participants:

1. BlackKnight86 - EDC
2. Oregon Fal'er - Bushcrafter
3. Erich M - Bushfinger
4. jljones527 - 3 Finger Joe
5. Swonut - Runt
6. Swonut - Nessie
7. DavidZ - Karda
8. The Dave - Runt
9. Awestib - Bushcrafter
10. Schmittie?

How about a pic of the completed run knives??

20111216104_4954-vi.jpg

Last edited:
When you get to curly ash if you do then I will be in!! This is a cool way for everyone to get a knife, good idea man.

Great idea for the ordering format, looking forward to the different handle options as you move forward. As always we love seeing the pics of your work, available or not.

I'm in, Bushcrafter full height convex, no secondary bevel, please. With bolster upgrade. And I have real big hands so maybe a bit thicker in the handle.

And 5/32 thick steel. once again please.

Last edited:
I hate to be greedy, but it's christmas so I'm in for a runt and a nessie. (unless you want to make me a BLChopper...but I suspect that's over the line.)

Blaine

Sign me up for a Recluse.
Email sent with contact info and a couple of questions.
Thanks

Last edited:
Alright. I've officially got 7 knives down for this run. 3 to go.

Put me in for a convex sabregrind Runt please sir, if you would. Contact info sent via email. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'll take a spot Andy. Leaning towards a Recluse with a convex sabergrind, but do you need those details yet? Can we specify # of pins, steel thickness, etc...?

Put me in for a 5/32 convex sabregrind Bushcrafter Sir, please!
Thanks, email sent.

Very cool! Can't wait to see what you have in store for the later batches.

Last edited:
Glad you are doing this, Andy. Really cool. If I wasn't waiting for you to tell me when I need to pay you for your personal Bushfinger, I'd jump on the list! :)

Did I miss it? If not I would like a convex sabre grind Hiking Buddy. If I missed it, I'll try again next time.
Regards, Randy

Andy,
I'd like a Woodsman to match the Bushfinger you just sent me.
Cocobolo with Black Canvas Bolsters and Convex Sabre Grind.
I'm ok with the next run if I missed this one.
Thanks!!!
Joseph
E-mail sent.

Back