OK. Done with orders. Lets hash out some new policy.

So y'all wanted special orders, I got y'all special order. Now rember this on Friday when I put my first knives up for sale:D

Are you going to be posting on the Fiddleback site? Where are these knives going to be posted?

I am really excited to see your work!

I really don't see doing runs with expensive burls. Likely to stick to reliable woods that are pretty and easy to cut from stock. Cocobolo, Osage, etc. The special burly ones would just go up in the forum.

I really think that ivory paper micarta combo is beautiful. While I haven't decided what to do next at all, I am very happy to hear ideas. Maybe a simple layered handle next?

I would love to see a bushcrafter in scandi grind with ivory paper micarta handles. simple, elegant, functional.

Missed this run, but will keep an eye out for future ones.

One question - will there be a choice of steels, or will all blades be 01?

I really don't see doing runs with expensive burls. Likely to stick to reliable woods that are pretty and easy to cut from stock. Cocobolo, Osage, etc. The special burly ones would just go up in the forum.

I've never see Osage, but I know I like Cocobolo. Think you'll be doing a run with that again soon?

ooooooh, Osage. Yes please. Can I apply now? :D

I'm doing a couple handles in Osage right now, and I'm really diggin it. Especially the way Andy does it with layers of other goodies.

I'll PM you some tomorrow, schmittie. Don't want to jack Andy's forum. Nor do I want pics of any of MY knives in the same thread with pics of any of ANDY's knives! :) Bit of a contrast, I'm afraid...

OK Guys. The steel is in. I'll post a pic of that soon. Pretty boring shot IMO, but its the beginning, and I'm going to document all of this.

Thanks!

(Chainring, you should be posting your work here for us to see bro. I want to see it.)

Andy, is that 10th spot filled?

If not, I'd like to get in on the run with a Bushcraft Karda.

Guys, two announcements:

1. I have pictures of the steel, and also of Dan laying out the knives, cutting the blanks to size, and profiling of the blades that I will post later today. I'm getting excited. Dan will drill the holes next week, and after that I will be grinding and heat treating this.

2. The second announcement is that this hasn't worked in this format. I'm going to finish this one run and scrap the idea. I have over 150 e-mails about this 10 knife run, and I've had dozens of phone calls as well. The overhead is already ten hours behond what the knives will take to make. Additionally, several knives on this run are not in any way going to fit into the idea of the thing. Every aspect of the knife has been dictated, and is nothing like what was offered. I thought this would allow folks that hadn't had luck getting the model they wanted, but it has just turned into a custom order run. I am not, and will never be taking custom orders. I've explained why this is bad business, and I am not going to start it. I may try to re-think the premise, but I think the best thing is to simply call this a failed experiment, finish the commitment, and move on.

Very understandable, and I am not saying this because I made it on the list!

Andy, the phrase 'give em an inch and they'll take a mile" seems to apply to us here. I know at least one of those phone calls was me, I'll apologize for the bother. However, the fact that you were willing to be flexible enough to accommodate a few guys says a lot! Thanks for that, and thanks giving the idea a shot. I respect your honesty as well. I've seen other makers get buried in orders and eventually upset customers. I admire the fact you won't let that happen to you.

Yes Andy, You have been awesome, I did not make the list but that's ok, Fine knives are worth the wait, I'll save some cash and when I see you post something I like for sale, I'll try to snatch it up before anyone else!!!!:)

Well Andy, I very much appreciate the opportunity you've presented here... I certainly hope my selection wasn't one that put you out, as the intent of this run fits my situation pretty well. I'm able to get the model knife I've been looking for with a nice handle configuration which doesn't seem to come around too often. I'm sorry it didn't work out this time around, but thanks again for giving me the opportunity to snag the Fiddleback I've been after for a while now :thumbup:

Back