Ok, guess I need to take action about the HI Trolls

Jim,

If he is really a customer, and ever contacted UB while using one of his many known aliases, Unk probably knows who he is. Does that sound reasonable?

Actually, the only truly sad thing about this whole affair, is if a good man in poor
health is disturbed over the fracas. I'm sure the kukuris will continue to sell, with or without us.

John

Spectre,
I don't think it can be assumed UB knows the identity of BF, because he may have had a past dealing with him under another identity. I think it would take a little investigative work to connect the dots. I do think BF has left a traceable trail. But is the maggot worth pursuit? If so, it's best done behind the scenes.

This forum gets a lot of posts from newbs looking for advice to buy their first khuk, or with questions on finishing, etc. Some, like me, are even emboldened enough to join in from time to time. I hate to see that restricted.

I'm going to try and post this again- it has been thrown out twice by the server as "too busy, try again'.
Naturally, as crankly and slightly paranoid I could just begin to believe in a MUNK DETECTION SOTWARE program.....

what I said twice before:

Those who feel coerced into membership are in my opinion reacting to only one issue and are not looking at the entirety. Sparks has said this place loses money. I'm not sure how that is measured. You'd think all the traffic here might spill over into other venues. Be that as it may, lately this place has become a pain in the --- for the admininstration.

I don't think paying membership will stop trolling, and it might hurt Uncle Bill and business in Nepal, but if ENOUGH of us were paying members it would go a long way towards mitigating the time Bladesforum Administration has to spend to deal with HI forum.

That's one- the other is simply it is fair. I get a lot of enjoyment for my time here. This is an interactive 'magazine' from one facet, and I spend at least as much on discount gun mags where no one talks to me.

To sum- no, I'm against mandatory paid membership as a prerequisite for this forum. I'm for many many more of us joining voluntarily.

I think it the right thing to do for many reasons.

munk

munk said:
To sum- no, I'm against mandatory paid membership as a prerequisite for this forum. I'm for many many more of us joining voluntarily.

I think it the right thing to do for many reasons.
munk

Munk,

I agree, and that is why I have ponied up. I wonder what the increase in paid memberships for this forum has been in the last 24 hours.

Back