OK, WHAT knife is at the top of your personal wish list

I have been wanting the new Medford Swift Praetorian.
Low and behold I scored one today. Should have it in my hands by weeks end. They still have a few at Helacious.com an authorized Medford dealer. Ask for Jennifer she will take great care of you.
Thanks Paul! It was great working with you, so glad we found the one on your wish list!

I have been wanting the new Medford Swift Praetorian.
Low and behold I scored one today. Should have it in my hands by weeks end. They still have a few at Helacious.com an authorized Medford dealer. Ask for Jennifer she will take great care of you.

Thanks Paul! It was great working with you, so glad we found the one on your wish list!

Member: Hi, I'm a brand new member and just want to tell folks about this great store(who doesn't appear to be a paid dealer here) where I found my grail!

Dealer: Hi, we don't post in GKD and we weren't tagged in your post, but we managed to find it by coincidence. Thanks for telling everyone about us!

Smells fishy.

Edit: Seems like maybe there was a Dealer membership that lapsed?

Last edited:
I must need to pay closer attention, I haven't seen them available at the retailers I normally visit online. Have you had a chance to check one out?

I own two of them. One I purchased at BLADE last year, and another I purchased this year. I will say that I don't know that Rainmakers ever make it to the usual channels (BladeHQ.com, etc.) as every one of them tend to be higher end customs (all Olamics are customs, though). They don't see distro like Wayfarer 247s or Buskers do. They have an order form on their site, however, so you'd be able to put together exactly what you wanted. They're amazing knives and worth every penny, but that's my very biased opinion.

I own two of them. One I purchased at BLADE last year, and another I purchased this year. I will say that I don't know that Rainmakers ever make it to the usual channels (BladeHQ.com, etc.) as every one of them tend to be higher end customs (all Olamics are customs, though). They don't see distro like Wayfarer 247s or Buskers do. They have an order form on their site, however, so you'd be able to put together exactly what you wanted. They're amazing knives and worth every penny, but that's my very biased opinion.

I believe you that it is worth every penny, the build quality on the models I have personally dealt with is spectacular. I know there is a raging debate on steel hardness around the forums right now and I think Olamic is doing everything right in this regard. I use my 247 to make speed holes through the top of Bangs/Reigns and Ive never had an issue with chipping or rolling at all.

I checked the Olamic website again and it says they are taking orders on the rainmaker and releasing them to dealers soon. I assumed that meant they would have their standard semi-custom pre-built options hitting some of the major retailers.

I thought there was going to be a "re-release" so to speak but I could be wrong.
They're bringing out a mid-tech version, like the Wayfarer 24/7 compared to the original custom Wayfarer. I think the Rainmaker mid-tech is the same size as the custom though.

7F98EBE1-6B32-456C-9477-0FD642A86D36.jpeg The Koenig Airus is an awesome knife. Very smooth. Can flick or flip. Picked this up a couple of days on BF. I can’t put it down

I've always drooled over the ZT0454 Sinkevick Limited Edition........ can't get pass the price.

I am hoping to find an Elishewitz custom with a Tetra lock in tip up configuration and in a flipper other than the origin.

...oh and that I can put a lanyard on.

I'm unapologetically a lanyard person. If I can't attach shit to a knife, and it won't ride tip up, I won't buy.

The fact that I am a new member here does not make me, or Helacious fishy.

To whom ever is questioning my integrity, or veracity:
I was sent to Helacious by Geoff at Medford Knife and Tool after watching a Blade Show video from Birdshot IV’s YouTube channel.
I came to this venue to check it out, and it seems that there are a lot of people who are always looking for the nefariousness of its users.
(I’m not a paid member yet; just test driving, and with this type of treatment I am a bit hesitant to put down any funds just to be abused.)
Shame on all of you who have cast your aspersions.
Just because I love a particular knife and pay $525.00 for it; then post regarding a positive experience that the vendor provided, does not make me, or them bad people. FYI They agreed to hold a knife with very limited availability with no deposit for 3 days until I secured the funds, and offered me expedited shipping at no additional cost. I’m curious to see if any of you nameless accusers are willing to tell me that to my face, and or apologize.

Member: Hi, I'm a brand new member and just want to tell folks about this great store(who doesn't appear to be a paid dealer here) where I found my grail!

Dealer: Hi, we don't post in GKD and we weren't tagged in your post, but we managed to find it by coincidence. Thanks for telling everyone about us!

Smells fishy.

Edit: Seems like maybe there was a Dealer membership that lapsed?
I was sent to Helacious by Geoff at Medford Knife and Tool after watching a Blade Show video from Birdshot IV’s YouTube channel.
I came to this venue to check it out, and it seems that there are a lot of people who are always looking for the nefariousness of its users.
(I’m not a paid member yet; just test driving, and with this type of treatment I am a bit hesitant to put down any funds just to be abused.)
Just because I love a particular knife and pay $525.00 for it; then post regarding a positive experience that the vendor provided, does not make me, or them bad people. FYI They agreed to hold a knife with very limited availability with no deposit for 3 days until I secured the funds, and offered me expedited shipping at no additional cost. I’m curious to see if any of you nameless accusers are willing to tell me that to my face, and or apologize. Well?

Just because I love a particular knife and pay $525.00 for it; then post regarding a positive experience that the vendor provided, does not make me, or them bad people. FYI They agreed to hold a knife with very limited availability with no deposit for 3 days until I secured the funds, and offered me expedited shipping at no additional cost. I’m curious to see if any of you nameless accusers are willing to tell me that to my face, and or apologize. Well?

I'm not nameless at all. My name's Bryce and has been public knowledge here for some time.

I also didn't accuse you of anything. I stated that the timing of your post combined with the retailer's is suspicious since you were created the same day and the retailer didn't have any good way of knowing about your post unless they simply lurk here all day, google their name constantly or were in on the post from the beginning. (Which happens all the time.)

If you say you weren't prompted in any way to plug them, great, I'll take your word for it. They were not a paid dealer here at the time though, meaning you still broke the rules. An honest mistake. Read over the rules and enjoy your time here. Cheers!

I've tried to find prices for his knives (not that I think I can afford them) but no success any info?

I can't even find one for sale. Last fixed blade I saw a year ago (fluted handle) was 8k

Having just received my Jason Guthrie Scout after over a year of being on his books, I can safely say that I’m good in the whole “wish list” thing...

Aw, who’m I kidding? The second the Scout arrived – which, btw, is pretty much EDC perfection in my eyes – I started scheming about the next knife.

So, what on the list?

– Black micarta-inlay small Sebenza 31 (Ordered, but who knows when it’ll actually ship.)

– Rockstead Ryo DLC-Prism Series (One of these days... it’s a LOT of dosh for a production knife, but damn the want is strong.)

– Jared Oeser Tachi (About as realistic a purchase for me as the aforementioned Rockstead, but hey, guy can dream can’t he?)

- JG Scout (Yes, another, but this time a full dress version in mokuti, carboquartz and damacore...)

I guess that about covers it for now. ;-)

Regards,
Adam

Back