OK, WHAT knife is at the top of your personal wish list

Only $500 for a knife and $1000 for a scope? How declasse'. And bronze for a 1911? What is this, The Salvation Army? I'm sure I'm not alone here in informing you that our communal BF hobbies including collecting Ming Dynasty pottery, Kentucky Derby winning horses, mansions and playboy playmates barely let us make our child support payments. My grail knife is a rare plastic disposable only obtainable at 470,000 different Steak and Shake locations.

Lay the groundwork. Keep showing her the $1200 knives. After a while, drop one of the $400 knives on her like “OMG! Can you believe it! Only 1/3 of the price of that one I really want!”

;)

I wonder how many forumites read this and decided to actually try to slide the Overton window to get their spouses to consider previously outrageous numbers as now reasonable . . . or how many have already been doing this for years.

I was kidding before about the steak and shake plastic knife. This is my actual grail knife- the same assisted opener the Knights Templar carried on Crusades.

Bc7rM5Q.jpg

...when a $125 Hi Point will do the same thing...
:D... when used as a paperweight... He is one of those mall ninjas that use guns and knives one time. For contract killings. A Hi Point will do it, right... ? :cool::thumbsup:

IMG_0163.JPG
I wonder how many forumites read this and decided to actually try to slide the Overton window to get their spouses to consider previously outrageous numbers as now reasonable . . . or how many have already been doing this for years.
Until the Mrs. Finds out what is really going on, and files for divorce..... or at least you can start decorating the dog house for your extended stay. :p Now that is tiny house living!!

Ok, to answer the question, I want a Martin Sandbox bowie. Here is my grail photo of my grail knife....again.

Last edited:
Ok, a close second would be the Hinderer Ranch Bowie, above my means but still a good thing to realistically shoot for rather than a pie in the sky.

I will ask this, maybe wrong to do, but if I cannot even afford the Hinderer, is there an alternative that is very similar to it? Maybe something from Buck?

Last edited:
Ok there is only one I really want but always miss out on. A CK GEC #77 in red saw cut bone with a clip blade. Maybe this year Mike? Please

Some stuff from some makers that don't even bother answering their emails anymore now that they are Instagram auction stars. So nothing anymore I guess

Ok, a close second would be the Hinderer Ranch Bowie, above my means but still a good thing to realistically shoot for rather than a pie in the sky.

I will ask this, maybe wrong to do, but if I cannot even afford the Hinderer, is there an alternative that is very similar to it? Maybe something from Buck?

Go with the Buck 124.

Some stuff from some makers that don't even bother answering their emails anymore now that they are Instagram auction stars. So nothing anymore I guess
I feel ya there: I would have liked to post about a knife I really wanted when I got on the dude's list 2 years ago, but after a solid year of excuses I kinda lost interest haha. It's really not worth the hassle to pursue some makers, unless you have some "presence" in the community. I try to look for the newer makers, as they are often actually thankful that you are trying to give them $$$ for what they, ostensibly, love to do.

I have not researched them very thoroughly yet as I am currently $1500 short of one, but if what you say is correct (and for the record I believe you) I can spend the $300 I have and send out my current 1911.
It won't hurt the collector value even though it is an early Delta Elite, because the slide was poorly stamped. Effectively making the pistol "cosmetically flawed".

I have not researched them very thoroughly yet as I am currently $1500 short of one, but if what you say is correct (and for the record I believe you) I can spend the $300 I have and send out my current 1911.
It won't hurt the collector value even though it is an early Delta Elite, because the slide was poorly stamped. Effectively making the pistol "cosmetically flawed".

See how I've replied to you here? That's what the reply button under a post does. Use it, so maybe we can follow what the hell you're on about. Or at least who you're talking to.

After reading some of the OP's commentary in another thread, then seeing this one got to ten pages I thought that maybe he'd come around and started something interesting. I read page one then skipped to ten, following back a conversation or two via quotes. Most of y'all have tried. Interesting? Not so much. Glad I skipped most of this. ChazzyP out....

Oh, just to be on topic--Cheburkov Hudson or the right Koenig Arius.

Back