OK, WHAT knife is at the top of your personal wish list

Good god, I'm too wrapped up in saving for a bronze framed 1911 handgun, to even think rationally or irrationally about spending four figures on a knife that fits in a pocket that can easily be lost and some hick will be using it to open his Cheetos and playing mumbly peg and snap off the tip against some rock.
I have no problem spending $500 on a Rifle Scope, but I'd rebel at the thought of spending $1000 on a Rifle Scope. Think how I'd really react to that much (or more) for a folding knife? If you are into that and can afford it power to you (If you can do so without skipping child support payments) I'm mainly into knives that go for $150 or less.
Frankly, I think some of you have gotten addicted to expensive steel instead of illegal drugs.

Yeah I'd love to be able to afford that Reeve folder I mentioned at the top, but that knife costs more than my half of what my monthly mortgage does, but why dream in coach?
But in all honesty I have two hopes of owning a $1000+ knife, Bob Hope and NO Hope!
bluster
[ bluhs-ter ]
verb (used without object)
to roar and be tumultuous, as wind.
to be loud, noisy, or swaggering; utter loud, empty menaces or protests:He blusters about revenge but does nothing.

Is dipstick one word or two? Could be taken in very different, but appropriate ways.

There are at least two ideas I have for things from the Busse Custom Shop when they start taking orders again...I am almost grateful they are not, being about $65K into my new Landcruiser project I need not be ordering another knife... ;) :D

be careful not to post about $70+ bourbon
:eek: I don't buy them, but would love to try them. ;) $50-$60 is my limit (here in Vegas, that gets you up to around Blanton's, which is too mild for me or Angels' Envy -too flowery).

Last edited:
Good god, I'm too wrapped up in saving for a bronze framed 1911 handgun, to even think rationally or irrationally about spending four figures on a knife that fits in a pocket that can easily be lost and some hick will be using it to open his Cheetos and playing mumbly peg and snap off the tip against some rock.
I have no problem spending $500 on a Rifle Scope, but I'd rebel at the thought of spending $1000 on a Rifle Scope. Think how I'd really react to that much (or more) for a folding knife? If you are into that and can afford it power to you (If you can do so without skipping child support payments) I'm mainly into knives that go for $150 or less.
Frankly, I think some of you have gotten addicted to expensive steel instead of illegal drugs.

Yeah I'd love to be able to afford that Reeve folder I mentioned at the top, but that knife costs more than my half of what my monthly mortgage does, but why dream in coach?
But in all honesty I have two hopes of owning a $1000+ knife, Bob Hope and NO Hope!

We get it, you planned poorly for your retirement and thus can’t fathom how people could spend what we do on knives. If you’re going to be a judgmental zero, why not kick rocks and head off to some other board? Maybe you’ll be happier.

The advantage to a bronze frame is that it doesn't have galling issues, it is a bit heavier than an aluminum frame, but doesn't suffer from cracking issues. In a heavy recoiling caliber, like 10mm or 460Rowland, weight is nice bonze doesn't rust, instead it develops an attractive patina.

I'm looking at several knives from Kinzer, and the nice thing is I don't have to choose I CAN own
them all over time, I only need to choose which first, which isn't nearly as hard a decision. Yeah I might find I like one more than another, but there is a lot less potential for "buyer's remorse" on a $60 purchase than for a $450 purchase. I just have to choose "which one this month?"

Like I told a friend (in Discussion over a Cold Steel Master Hunter) there was little risk over it, because I've owned one before and it was stolen 25 years ago and I've missed it ever since. What I didn't miss was the constant work needed to keep it from rusting, the new one is San Mai laminate.

This is where some people differ. Some people will spend $500 on a rifle scope that they look through a few times a year. Others will spend $500 on a knife that they use a few times a day.

We get it, you planned poorly for your retirement and thus can’t fathom how people could spend what we do on knives. If you’re going to be a judgmental zero, why not kick rocks and head off to some other board? Maybe you’ll be happier.

Actually medical issues ended my working career and medical bills (pre-Obama care) took my savings, but as I was never a member of the private aircraft set, spending hundreds or thousands on a status symbol pocket item that you'd be lucky to find 0.1% of people who'd appreciate what it really was...

The rational question you need to ask yourself is: what does it do that a $20 Kershaw won't do.

And in most cases it is "make yourself feel SPECIAL", because you can afford a $500 tool that does not actually perform any better than a similar $20 Knife
I don't care if you lie to me in reply, but don't fall into the trap of lying to yourself.

I can see the point of collecting for collecting's sake, which is great if you have deep enough pockets, but even if you are fortunate enough to hire Bill Gates as your personal computer tech, and Donald Trump as a Butler, that doesn't give you the right to denigrate me for being less well financially privileged.

This is where some people differ. Some people will spend $500 on a rifle scope that they look through a few times a year. Others will spend $500 on a knife that they use a few times a day.

Sadly $500 dollars on a rifle scope only gets you out and away from the "junk" and solidly into the midrange, the high end starts at $1200 or so, but $500-800 on a $1000 Rifle adds up to real money quick when you start considering Travel costs and guide fees, let alone the price of a tag for a good area...

Say you go hunting Elk or Moose $1000 for the License is not unusual.

I've been trying to get a resident Elk tag for a DECADE, but have been unlucky in the Elk Lottery.

If you wait Decades for the privilege to hunt an animal there is little chance you would
spare any expense to better your chances. a good scope, a good pair of Binoculars, good boots, etc...

3rd best Grail thread ever.

Also WTF "bronze 1911" ? Maybe not the sharpest spoon in the drawer.
.....it appears that Dan Wesson offer the "Bruin" in 10mm with a bronze COLOURED frame. Reading the specs it is a stainless pistol with a two tone Cerakote or similar painted finish. Smick looking 1911, but it is not actually made of bronze as such.

False equivalency. That pricey ($500 to $3000) rifle scope doesn't earn value by being used frequently. It gains value for the one time it didn't fog up, obscure your field of view or go dark before twilight. YMMV.

Back