OK, WHAT knife is at the top of your personal wish list

At the top of the dream list? LT Wright Next-gen in 3V (probably) but shaved and lightened. Thinned down a mm or so, appleseed profile, tapered tang, and a lighter scale material. I think if knife and sheath could come in under 150 grams (5.2oz) that would be a very nice backpacking blade. But also he seems to be the kind of guy I'd give money to in exchange for that sort of knife. Good makers deserve the prices they charge (and sometimes more)

Hello! I could say that among my wish list is this cuchilleriabarcelona.com/co-en-4375-ba-craftsman-knife-limited-edition-nieto.html without a doubt it's brutal, I've been watching it for a while and I still do not know if I should buy it, what do they tell me?

Take a look and they tell me if I should buy it

Well, hey there! Welcome to Bladeforums. I don't know if this is exactly the right thread to have this conversation, but I'll give it a shot.

"Should I buy it" is a question that we can't actually answer for you, because we don't really know how much you're willing to spend on it. Only you can decide if the knife is worth what they want to charge for it.

Do you want to keep it as a collectible, and not use it? Are you hoping to re-sell it for a profit later? Is it likely to go up in value?

Do you just want to have it, and you don't care if it goes up in value, because you're not going to re-sell it? If that's true, then are you comfortable having that money sitting in your drawer?

Are you going to use it? If you are, what are you going to use it for, and is it going to do be good for that job? How likely is it that somebody else will try to steal it? Do you think that local law enforcement might try to take it from you?

These are only a few of the questions that you can ask yourself to try and decide. But it still has to be your decision.

Last edited:
give me a sebenza - seriously, somebody give me one, please.

its not in the cards with kid #1 in college, maybe once she graduates I'll go all in and get us matching 'benzas

Well my personal “wish list” changes just about every day lol... that being said, at this moment I would like my next knife purchase to either be a ZT 0470 or a custom Griptilian in M4 steel. I’m leaning towards the 0470, but I don’t have anything in M4, and I kinda want to try it out..

A textured lefty Shamwari. I will finally be acquiring one with Gareth’s next drop.

I already know what’s next...Holt Spectre.

Tanto umnumzaan and it's only because I've put it on the back burner for other wants. A Spydiechef is serving me well for the time being.

Good god, I'm too wrapped up in saving for a bronze framed 1911 handgun, to even think rationally or irrationally about spending four figures on a knife that fits in a pocket that can easily be lost and some hick will be using it to open his Cheetos and playing mumbly peg and snap off the tip against some rock.
I have no problem spending $500 on a Rifle Scope, but I'd rebel at the thought of spending $1000 on a Rifle Scope. Think how I'd really react to that much (or more) for a folding knife? If you are into that and can afford it power to you (If you can do so without skipping child support payments) I'm mainly into knives that go for $150 or less.
Frankly, I think some of you have gotten addicted to expensive steel instead of illegal drugs.

Yeah I'd love to be able to afford that Reeve folder I mentioned at the top, but that knife costs more than my half of what my monthly mortgage does, but why dream in coach?
But in all honesty I have two hopes of owning a $1000+ knife, Bob Hope and NO Hope!

Good god, I'm too wrapped up in saving for a bronze framed 1911 handgun, to even think rationally or irrationally about spending four figures on a knife that fits in a pocket that can easily be lost and some hick will be using it to open his Cheetos and playing mumbly peg and snap off the tip against some rock.
I have no problem spending $500 on a Rifle Scope, but I'd rebel at the thought of spending $1000 on a Rifle Scope. Think how I'd really react to that much (or more) for a folding knife? If you are into that and can afford it power to you (If you can do so without skipping child support payments) I'm mainly into knives that go for $150 or less.
Frankly, I think some of you have gotten addicted to expensive steel instead of illegal drugs.

Yeah I'd love to be able to afford that Reeve folder I mentioned at the top, but that knife costs more than my half of what my monthly mortgage does, but why dream in coach?
But in all honesty I have two hopes of owning a $1000+ knife, Bob Hope and NO Hope!

I've been thinking of picking up a handful of lower cost knives that I never seem to get around to playing with...couple Russell/Green Rivers, Mercators, etc.

I doubt you care, but I would have liked your post without this; just not necessary. :thumbsdown:
Well, this is not intended as an insulting reply, but I'm sure some of the more thin skinned will take as such:

If I propose a knife with a "milled from billet" meteoric Iron frame and unicorn horn scales, I'm 99% sure a dozen or more of you will spend a day arguing over what steel is best for the blade material.

While frankly I'd much rather see a discussion about what Bourbon to drink while honing it.

Well, this is not intended as an insulting reply, but I'm sure some of the more thin skinned will take as such:

If I propose a knife with a "milled from billet" meteoric Iron frame and unicorn horn scales, I'm 99% sure a dozen or more of you will spend a day arguing over what steel is best for the blade material.

While frankly I'd much rather see a discussion about what Bourbon to drink while honing it.

I always wanted a piece by Bill Buxton.

No doubt there are some excellent Bourbon forums! :thumbsup:

If you are not obsessed with knives, why open a thread about a knives Wish list? :confused: I'm not quite following. You are asking people about knife fantasies, then deriding them for having them. It's just odd.

And I also could have done without the drug addiction and child support skipping implications. :thumbsdown: Not needed.

And I'm out.

I'd use an Umnumzaan daily... I doubt I'd use a bronze 1911 ever. Even the more practical firearms that I actually own only see use once in a blue moon. The knife seems a more reasonable, practical expense.

That's not to say the expense is necessary. I'm really happy with the $55 Kizer I carried today. It's not lacking in any appreciable way and will likely perform well for decades.

Just like any other product. If you want a Lamborghini you have to pay for it. A Camry works fine, but it isn't a Lambo.

Back