OK, WHAT knife is at the top of your personal wish list

It didn't quote where I wanted Which picture is the HigoII?
my comment was about the Kingfisher Machete!

That CAS "poison" Damascus knife above looks like $1000 or more.... even before someone disclosed that it is $1250

The Damascus Cas Knife is around $3000.00. Pretty high but reasonable in the realm of customs. It sure is attractive in my eyes!

Is the messmuck like the jessmuck?

THAT knife is $1250? Good Greif! What is it made from? Angel wings and frozen lightning bolts?

Does that include lifetime sharpening by a team of Iron Chef's?

There are lots of things I'd spend $1250 on and the only thing that comes to mind at the moment is a Dan Wesson 1911 with a polished Bronze Frame and polished stainless steel slide, but those go for more like $1900...

The Damascus Cas Knife is around $3000.00. Pretty high but reasonable in the realm of customs. It sure is attractive in my eyes!

OUCH! Yeah thinking about it $1000 would be a suspicious bargain for that knife!

My brains "tilt" indicator is on overload at some of this!

I'm still wrapping my mind around the idea that a "simple Reeve folder" is $450

Last edited:
THAT knife is $1250? Good Greif! What is it made from? Angel wings and frozen lightning bolts?

Does that include lifetime sharpening by a team of Iron Chef's?

There are lots of things I'd spend $1250 on and the only thing that comes to mind at the moment is a Dan Wesson 1911 with a polished Bronze Frame and polished stainless steel slide, but those go for more like $1900...

Almost. It's in ZDP-189. King of steels as far as I'm concerned and their's is heat treated very hard. The rest of the $ is just insane fit and finish (and the name.)

To be honest (if not tactful) the idea of $1250 for a folder makes me itch for a supply of Dogwood lumber and a mallet to drive stakes into the heart of anyone who can say it with a straight face, UNLESS the knife is ground from metoric Nickel/Iron and etched to show the Natural crystalline pattern.(That I'm reliably told cannot be faked or rushed and takes millions of years to form.)

Not at all sure how good a knife material meteor Nickel Iron is.... But I do know any attempt at heat treating wrecks the crystalline pattern. Brittle and soft is a bad combination...

Iron meteoroids are worth more than their weight in gold, so... Price of material plus labor puts you in that price range,

I do think etched meteor nickel-iron would make a snazzy scale or frame material, perhaps not for a frame-lock though...

Last edited:
To be honest (if not tactful) the idea of $1250 for a folder makes my itch for a supply of Dogwood lumber and a mallet to drive stakes into the heart of anyone who can say it with a straight face, UNLESS the knife is ground from metoric Nickel/Iron and etched to show the Natural crystalline pattern.(that I'm reliably told cannot be faked or rushed and takes millions of years to form.)

Iron meteoroids are worth more than their weight in gold, so... Price of material plus labor puts you in that price range,+

So you'd want to hurt people who respect makers who charge that much for a knife? You seem like a swell guy.

To be honest (if not tactful) the idea of $1250 for a folder makes me itch for a supply of Dogwood lumber and a mallet to drive stakes into the heart of anyone who can say it with a straight face, UNLESS the knife is ground from metoric Nickel/Iron and etched to show the Natural crystalline pattern.(That I'm reliably told cannot be faked or rushed and takes millions of years to form.)

Not at all sure how good a knife material meteor Nickel Iron is.... But I do know any attempt at heat treating wrecks the crystalline pattern. Brittle and soft is a bad combination...

Iron meteoroids are worth more than their weight in gold, so... Price of material plus labor puts you in that price range,

I do think etched meteor nickel-iron would make a snazzy scale or frame material, perhaps not for a frame-lock though...

I'm ok with the price. I've handled the previous generation of that model and it was spectacular.

There's a ton of hand finishing involved. I don't think they're quite getting rich at $1250 each. Hell, some of their fixed blades are well over 3k.

RSKONZDP.jpg

You're swell asfu, you have my commandment.

I paid $1200 for a custom lefty folder from Bob Ohlemann. I'd also be perfectly willing to drop over twice that for a custom from Todd Rexford. Do I qualify for a staking?

YOU aren't willing (or able) to spend over a certain amount. That's fine, but it does not give you the right to pass judgement over those of us who are.

Why would you drive stakes into the heart of anyone? Vampire fetish?

Anyway, here’s a $1250 knife. Hope I’m safe :rolleyes:
89ar.jpg

On the more attainable side:

the-kingfisher-machete-24.gif

FortyTwoBlades FortyTwoBlades any info on when these will be available?

Oh, they're available now, it's just working through the pre-orders that's the issue. I have to split my time between filling them and regular orders, and most folks (about 80%) ordered Special Grade edge work. So placing an order basically secures your spot in the queue, but it'll just take a while before it gets to your door. The actual machetes themselves are here.

Don't you understand "Facesious humor" Dogwood is the traditional wood to make "VAMPIRE STAKES"
out of...

That $1250 folder should be delivered in a Rhodium carriage and Whale oil should be used for cutting fluid and it should be stroped only on angel thighs....

I could care less about workmanship, $1250 sounds like over the top humor

Want more? How about a solid Platinum Dodge Dart?

Last edited:
Back