OK, WHAT knife is at the top of your personal wish list

@Hengelo_77 made this knife for me this year. It's a 4-inch/93mm parer with full flat grind. I like it so much I commissioned another from him, but this time with a 6 3/8-inch/165mm blade. Same or similar details. Niolox and olive wood. Bart's work is stellar.

I think I have all the production knives I need. Or want. (Maybe.;))

oczCa0N.jpg

Last edited:
i THINK I will eventually PICK up a Grayman OF some FLAVOR at some POINT, but my absolute grail KNIFE is probably a Chris REEVE Sebenza large Glorious. They HAVE been discontinued FOR some TIME.

I am flipping between a zero tolerance 0562cf or 0450. A benchmade crooked river keeps popping into my mind also. The at 0562cf breaks my soft rule of not spending more than 200 on a knife though.

Right now, I'm really wanting a Small or Medium Mayo Wharncliffe. That is my dream knife.

i THINK I will eventually PICK up a Grayman OF some FLAVOR at some POINT, but my absolute grail KNIFE is probably a Chris REEVE Sebenza large Glorious. They HAVE been discontinued FOR some TIME.

The Glorious is a grail for me as well. Unfortunately, the price has skyrocketed over the last year. It's just more than I want to pay for a CRK now. Maybe they will make a Glorious 31 some day?

I don't really have a wish list. When I see a Knife that I need, I know it right away.

And when you need something that's a responsibility.

To me a wish list is what I'd like to have but not always what I'm willing to buy. Right now I really want a blue bugout. If I feel the same way a few weeks from now I may buy one.

I am flipping between a zero tolerance 0562cf or 0450. A benchmade crooked river keeps popping into my mind also. The at 0562cf breaks my soft rule of not spending more than 200 on a knife though.

I own all three and all are amazing knives so you can't go wrong with any option. Oh and I see plenty of 0562cf for sale well below $200. I bought a backup BNIB 20cv here for way under $200.

Well, I SAID "a Reeve folder", but the likelihood that I will EVER have enough free cash to buy one, Because honestly I could easily buy TWO of anything in the Esse catalog and have enough left over to seriously consider a third....

But as a wise man once said if you are going to dream, why dream of flying in Coach? Or for that matter even flying commercial?

Or further as Barack is quoted as saying: "The AMERICAN dream is TO BE Donald Trump" (I.E. a Billionaire flying around in his own Boeing 767 and Married to a supermodel)

On top of my wish list is that people don't drag Obama/Trump into GKD for no apparent reason.

I am thinking about a Ruike Hussar. And maybe a Scagel.

On top of my wish list is that people don't drag Obama/Trump into GKD for no apparent reason.

I am thinking about a Ruike Hussar. And maybe a Scagel.

I thought it was a funny quote, but quoting with attribution is just plain wrong, so smooth your ruffled feathers and get over it, If I ever quote Peter Paul Rubens, I'll do so correctly. if you expect differently change your expectations.

Third on my list is probably a SheepDog... and as a side note I will probably own one YEARS before I can get a Reeve folder and be able to give Ruike Beta folders as gifts to my three nephews...

Last edited:
I thought it was a funny quote, but quoting with attribution is just plain wrong, so smooth your ruffled feathers and get over it, If I ever quote Peter Paul Rubens, I'll do so correctly. if you expect differently change your expectations.

Third on my list is probably a Ruike SheepDog... and as a side note I will probably own one YEARS before I can get a Reeve folder

FYI:

1) We have an entire subform for members to share their political humor;
2) GKD is not it. It is called the Political Arena. A paid membership will allow you entry. :thumbsup:
3) Those are the rules we agreed to abide by when we joined. If you expect differently change your expectations.

IT was NOT even remotely a political quote! it was only a funny quote by people who HAPPEN to be political figures, made YEARS before either was of political significant! the quote IIRC dates to 2004. So UNWAD your panties and move on...

Nor was the joke political in nature... GET OVER YOURSELF!

Now I'm going to quote "Brian of Nazareth": "There is just no pleasing some people"

If I now say Jesus Christ! are you then going to complain about "religious discussion"?

I find your complaint to be petty and excessively legalistic. IN CONTEXT I said nothing wrong

I just realized who made that "Don't dream in Coach" quote and that would really put your panties in a twist. And I also realize I failed to attribute it.

But the quote that comes to mind now is a bit different: "If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a day, but if you SET HIM on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life." (Terry Pratchett) Care to guess how I'd like to apply that theory?

Last edited:
ncJpIYN.jpg

Every time this question is asked I reply with the same picture. This Spyderco/Slysz Swayback seems like it’s forever stuck on my wishlist. Still holding out hope!

Why? is it a rare and discontinued model?

It is a design that has an elegant simplicity to it, plus it looks like it would be a breeze to sharpen on a bench stone.

Back