"Old Knives"

Love that Nagel, Augie. Cool catalog scan, Mike. Not my knife or pics:
hrFFUJY.jpg
JqaAMPc.jpg
EkYBSVD.jpg
taDAW2k.jpg
78MDAQc.jpg

Thanks Mike, seeing those blades really helps, you would think with the ability to change blades the knife would have weak pull and snap and possibly play but there is zero play, hard snap and 7 to 8 on the pulls. Someone really put some thought into the design.

Very, very nice Augie. You have posted some very nice Knives!
Great input by The two Mike’s as well!
To have a small collection of Nagles is pretty impressive when they are so elusive. Well done there Mike L.

Nice photo Mike R of the Blades and knife ! Interesting to see all blades except for the Clip have Long Pulls on each side and Clip just the one.

Here's a neat old Valley Forge MOP swell center whittler I picked up... it was pretty cruddy when I got it, always nice to take some grime off and add some oil to get a classic "snap" back into a knife :D Surprisingly it is bigger than most MOP's I see measuring 3-9/16'' closed :thumbsup: The main tang stamp is a 4 line:

Valley Forge
Cutlery Co
Newark, NJ
Made in USA

VF1.JPG VF1A.JPG VF1B.JPG VF1C.JPG VF1D.JPG

Here's a neat old Valley Forge MOP swell center whittler I picked up... it was pretty cruddy when I got it, always nice to take some grime off and add some oil to get a classic "snap" back into a knife :D Surprisingly it is bigger than most MOP's I see measuring 3-9/16'' closed :thumbsup: The main tang stamp is a 4 line:

Valley Forge
Cutlery Co
Newark, NJ
Made in USA

View attachment 1550589 View attachment 1550590 View attachment 1550591 View attachment 1550592 View attachment 1550593
Nice Valley Forge. Kevin!!:thumbsup:

I hope you don't mind me paraphrasing your sig-line, Kevin??

"I'd be CALM, CARRYing this ULSTER"!!

Sweet 3 1/2" Jack, barely used, nice shield and wood!!
One of Ulster's nicest, IMO!!:cool:Regular Jack .jpg Regular Jack 1.jpg Regular Jack 2.jpg

I had a day off yesterday and spent a bit of time doing my two favourite pastimes, Drawing and Knives, This lovely Catt needed some attention badly, I suspect heavily that Mike Roebuck has had his hands on this Knife and did the Paint Can test.

TRDSMoL.jpg

48X8ysB.jpg

I wanted to take my time with this, it's a very nice Knife and didn't want to lose any more Blade at all, it worked out nicely with no length of Blade lost whatsoever. Its not always a good idea to modify Old Knives, but I think in cases like this that this is a needed thing to do, and if I ever pass the Knife on, I will share the information.

OBrlWr3.jpg

cEmPl5v.jpg

Back