"Old Knives"

As long as we are on the subject of hardware brands, Axel Nilsson was a house brand of J.M. Thompson Hardware, Minneapolis.
0Djqr9B.jpg

We had a formal black Friday, Tuxedo and pearls:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Here you go Rob…
Shown before, yet a freshened-up pic of a
3” 3/8 Frankfurth Hdw. Co. Milwaukee in ebony. Black Friday and all…
View attachment 1684805View attachment 1684806View attachment 1684807
That's a beautiful tuxedo, Gus :thumbsup:😍

Knice, Gus! Very nice! Here is the only Frankfurth Hardware that I have.
View attachment 1684986View attachment 1684987
Excellent Pearl, Cal:thumbsup::thumbsup:
As long as we are on the subject of hardware brands, Axel Nilsson was a house brand of J.M. Thompson Hardware, Minneapolis.
0Djqr9B.jpg
Luxurious old silky ebony in this sleeveboard:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Geirg
Here you go Rob…
Shown before, yet a freshened-up pic of a
3” 3/8 Frankfurth Hdw. Co. Milwaukee in ebony. Black Friday and all…
View attachment 1684805View attachment 1684806View attachment 1684807
A classy item that Unchained , love a swedge terminating at a long pull. Sounds weird when you say that!

A new arrival I'm minding. It took a little work to make serviceable but the two of us are doing work all day together:)

I can find squat on the maker. No Thomas in Tweedale's. My guess this is Sheffield made for a company called J Thomas but that's a wild stab in the dark and await correction.
Either way it a very nice thing to use.
Question: should I reattach a shield or leave as is? I'm on the fence. I believe the original may have been oval.

Thank you kindly my friend!!

What a beaut there ed_ :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Wunderfully aged with such vibrancy in those scales. Lurvely rat-tails as well!!
I don’t know if I’d want to replace the shield. I usually like them, but on this particular knife I would probably pass.

Thats a very nice Old Knife ed, No I definitely would not replace the Shield, That stag is quite stunning and a Shield will do nothing but detract from that gorgeous Stag.
I always have loved those Stove pipe Kicks!

Thank you kindly my friend!!

What a beaut there ed_ :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Wunderfully aged with such vibrancy in those scales. Lurvely rat-tails as well!!
I don’t know if I’d want to replace the shield. I usually like them, but on this particular knife I would probably pass.

Thats a very nice Old Knife ed, No I definitely would not replace the Shield, That stag is quite stunning and a Shield will do nothing but detract from that gorgeous Stag.
I always have loved those Stove pipe Kicks!
Thanks lads and right you are, it would be wrong to mess with it. No sheild required.
Actually used the heck out it today in work and it's a held a decent edge and stropped up sharp in a minute.

As I'm here I might post this up. I was headed to the Sheffield thread with it but sure I'll be a post glutton:)

I don't believe it ever had a shield, ed!! Also, I'd probably do some research on your rare knife before I would use it!
Hi Waynorth, you have me stumped as I thought the two additional small pins on the mark side were used to attach a sheild that had parted company at some point. That was my assumption anyway.
I can find absolutely nothing on the maker and I did a fairly decent search of the usual suspects.
Herder recommended searching online for old phone directories listing a J Thomas Coventry which is an ace idea.

Back