"Old Knives"

Charlie- do my eyes see what my eyes are seeing???
Sheepsfoot HJ!!!!!!!

I'm in love.
What a beautiful Knife in every way - this is the knife I have dropped hints for you to SFO!! :eek:

I personally haven't seen too many horrible Kutmasters.

Thanks Stuart and Duncan!!
The Empire didn't make the grade for that collection I sold, Duncan! I'm glad I still have it!

I gotta agree with Duncan on the Sheepsfoot :cool: SFO Charlie!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Please tell us what is the tang stamp on the other Sheepsfoot and who you think made it??

Thanks,
Dave

PAL Cutlery - we all know and all too familiar with the beautiful Easy Openers that come up now and then like the one shown below..

w4C9tqj.jpg

This is the first Clip Point Pal Cutlery Jack I have seen, The Patina is all nat-u-ral on this old Girl- please dont get me wrong- the Jigged Bone is Rather Plain- and the Knife itself isn't a High-end Knife - but in saying that- FAR from a bad one as well, I just find this knife quite interesting as I have seen few- well to be honest from memory ...none! if you have one of these? I would really appreciate seeing them!

7Pk3kOe.jpg

B1CbewG.jpg

rBvVg9N.jpg

9oMeoIg.jpg

Last edited:
I commented when 12532 ( Page 627 ) When Harry showed us his Neat Robeson Whittler, I had been waiting for a HJ to arrive...to be honest I am not too sure if this is actually a HJ? my question is this is a TRUE HJ meaning HARNESS JACK ( Jack meaning that both blades be pivoting at the same end )- if like this Robeson shown below the Knife is no longer a Harness Jack-- but now considered a Punch Knife?
Any way, this is the Knife in Question- FAR from a Minty- rather ...it is a used but still a splendid example of Robesons mind-blowing work, this Old Girl has had the Blade and Punch worn from good use, yet the Bone is just something that stops you in your tracks...I really like this magnificently built Knife- real slick walk and Talk!
Note the Tapering of the Frame- rather like a very subtle Gunstock..theres a lot of things I like about this Knife....

OgFmhNf.jpg

QtukyyL.jpg

NDSacje.jpg

y4lVY0N.jpg

cocxjNV.jpg

This Massive Jack is something that I am quite taken with, UTICA never fails to impress most people , building some of the most impressive Knives at times!

This Big Jack has the most Gorgeous Bone, Nice Full Blades... I am smitten!
Closed this Knife measures 4 inches closed- not the biggest- but the height that you see from the bottom to top being bigger than usual- making this Knife a Beast!
Walk and Talk just makes me smile! So do the Hammered Pins :thumbsup:

qYA9g9y.jpg

iMZQkwP.jpg

aBTHQB1.jpg

Pd95voL.jpg

nflc83L.jpg

zRviDvF.jpg

0hGpGAr.jpg

Last edited:
Another Nice Knife that has been residing at My Post Masters House for some time is this Boker Easy Opener, a medium sized Knife @ 3 & 3/8ths closed- but a Sweetheart of a Knife- I obtained this one from our friend Jake on the fs Thread...
LOVE the Bone when you get up close on this Knife, funny thing is I cant find out too much about this plain stamping by itself, I spoke to Augie about this over at the Rendezvous!

GiLFnzi.jpg

1k5WZSr.jpg

MBomZK4.jpg

eaZjam1.jpg

GsHegBa.jpg

iDO086k.jpg

Couple more then I am done- sorry about this people :oops:
I will post a few HJ's that have arrived from Post Master Hilborn :):thumbsup: tomorrow in the HJ THread

Easy Opener Valley Forge, again not the Mintest Knife- But I kinda Like this Ol' Girl...
This Knife has obviously had a Pitting where someone has cleaned it up some- thankfully without Buffing- cleaned through necessity because of the Rust that has caused the pitting you see....
Beautiful Bone, Great Blades- just a Great Old Knife...

OSZeFOP.jpg

LnJPJvp.jpg

WZVnFTV.jpg

pbDtgqq.jpg

hZlYZwv.jpg

Qak9S6U.jpg

8VjBoHD.jpg

,Henry Sears and Son, quite possibly Camillus Built, a somewhat of a Plainish Knife- But the Bone Colour is so mellow I sort-of fell for it :(
Plain Bolsters, the fit and finish in the close ups that I will post make the Knife look quite shabby- but this is not so "in the Flesh".
Nice Blades- Sharpened- but not overly - Nice long Pen Blade....

OO51fLw.jpg

knd2yrP.jpg

BMOWeTh.jpg

MIU1scs.jpg

Y0dGoy7.jpg

7Szy8ur.jpg

Duncan!!! Some REAL Nice older knives you just posted!!:cool:
ALL Great additions to your collection! I'm head over heels for that BIG Utica!! The bone on that knife REALLY stands out!
I'm VERY Happy for you My Friend!! What Great knives!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::D

Dave

PS, That Robeson can ride with me ANY day!:D:D:D

Nice knives, Duncan. :thumbsup: Thanks for showing them.
Another Nice Knife that has been residing at My Post Masters House for some time is this Boker Easy Opener, a medium sized Knife @ 3 & 3/8ths closed- but a Sweetheart of a Knife- I obtained this one from our friend Jake on the fs Thread...
LOVE the Bone when you get up close on this Knife, funny thing is I cant find out too much about this plain stamping by itself, I spoke to Augie about this over at the Rendezvous!

iDO086k.jpg
I'm no expert, but I'm thinking this is a Boker USA.

Boker tang stamps cropped.jpg

Charlie, I REALLLY like the Sheep HJ:cool:

Duncan, I'm puzzled that some of those beauties made it out of the great state of North Dakota:eek::). Honestly, I like them all, but that Robeson is so UNIQUE. Just a heads up on the UTICA BIG JACK, customs contacted me insisting it be returned to ND, something about red tape and all:oops::D

Back