"Old Knives"

Whoa Mama!!:eek: Nearly a whole page of killer knives!!
Outrageous Duncan, simply outrageous!!:)
How could you stand having them sit in ND for so long??
Are those Paul's fingerprints I see??:rolleyes:
Unusual punch on that Robeson - a beautiful double-end Harness Jack!!
Never seen that punch before! Great score, in a sea of great scores!!
Nice going my friend!!:thumbsup:

Duncan!!! Some REAL Nice older knives you just posted!!:cool:
ALL Great additions to your collection! I'm head over heels for that BIG Utica!! The bone on that knife REALLY stands out!
I'm VERY Happy for you My Friend!! What Great knives!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::D
Dave
PS, That Robeson can ride with me ANY day!:D:D:D
Thank You Dave Matey- Yeah That Big Utica and Robeson Rock- Need to do some homework on that Punch -

Nice knives, Duncan. :thumbsup: Thanks for showing them. I'm no expert, but I'm thinking this is a Boker USA.
View attachment 773067

Awesome R8shell - when looking up in Goins and BRL4 - There wasnt the Bold Letter Stamp by itself to help me- you have :D Thank you so much for that.

Beautiful old knives Duncan. The stout Jack knives remind me of this Jos Elliot & Sons
View attachment 773088

View attachment 773089

Oh man S-K That J. Elliot is in amazing condition- I just LOVE big Jacks like that :thumbsup:

Charlie, I REALLLY like the Sheep HJ:cool:

Duncan, I'm puzzled that some of those beauties made it out of the great state of North Dakota:eek::). Honestly, I like them all, but that Robeson is so UNIQUE. Just a heads up on the UTICA BIG JACK, customs contacted me insisting it be returned to ND, something about red tape and all:oops::D

Actually I am sure some of them didnt make it out Paul? lol:D Oh mate I owe you SO much my friend- THANK YOU for doing so much for me matey.
If you could forward me that letter from customs juuuuuust so I can double check all is cocha before Im sending of that lovely Big Utica ;) :D

Duncan, you are killing it !!!!! In both the knives and the photographs. How can your heart take it. I'm worried for you :D:D:D
Gev- Im killing myself! Thank you my friend :thumbsup: I am starting to worry as I hear whispering when I enter the room, and then it stops - knives talk right?

Duncan, an awesome show! You must have opened the INNER SANCTUM to pull those out. The wormgroove bone on the Pocket Eze is as good as anything I've seen. Many thanks.

Thank you Jeff my friend- Hey...lets be honest the Henry Sears and The Clip-Point Pal arent anything special by any means - I dont really know if too many of those Pal Clippy's are out there? would love to see anyone's if they do have one for comparisons etc!

Whoa Mama!!:eek: Nearly a whole page of killer knives!!
Outrageous Duncan, simply outrageous!!:)
How could you stand having them sit in ND for so long??
Are those Paul's fingerprints I see??:rolleyes:
Unusual punch on that Robeson - a beautiful double-end Harness Jack!!
Never seen that punch before! Great score, in a sea of great scores!!
Nice going my friend!!:thumbsup:

Hey there Charlie- Thank you, lets be honest not top Shelf stuff- but I find most of these really nice Knives! I LOVE that Utica and the Robeson.
Ok..The Robeson is called a double end Harness Jack- Thank you my friend for that clarification! Gorgeous bone isnt it ! but worn a wee bit - sti;ll a nice example though - and I am trying to buy pristine examples of HJ's or Scouts from now-....One they dont come up, and two ...they dont come up lol.
I said to myself.."ok Duncan...no more ordinary's ....we are going to step this game up a bit"...... but I just couldnt go past this beauty.

Often Charlie I have to wipe Pauls fingerprints off my knives- at times I find he has scratched his initials somewhere really small on the Knife as well!:( :D

Awesome R8shell - when looking up in Goins and BRL4 - There wasnt the Bold Letter Stamp by itself to help me- you have :D Thank you so much for that.
Great. I am always scouring the net for tang stamp charts, even saved them to my phone for easy reference at yard sales and such. I can't attest to their 100% accuracy, but that Boker one was published in Knife World, so it should give some guidance.

Duncan some wonderful vintage folders you have posted photos of! I am particularly drawn to that great Pocket Eze:thumbsup: What nicely aged jigged bone handle covers it has! The Pocket Eze line I am particularly fond of. I have not seen your example pattern no. 622596. If I had and it was available I would have certainly tried to acquire it. Thanks for your excellent commentary on each folder--like only you can do it!! I hope our resident Robeson expert and Robeson collector extraordinaire Charlie N. checks in here. He will provide some great insight on this folder of yours and some opinions. I looked through a reproduction Robeson Cutlery Co. salesman's sample catalog 1908--1930 I have and could not find this pattern no. in it. I don't know how complete this catalog is? Anyway great stuff my friend!

Here is a photo of some of my very best Pocket Eze folders I have been fortunate to acquire. I am to lazy today to show a photo of the blades extended but the covers alone are photography worthy. Robeson really did some marvelous jigging work with their bone handle covers.IMG_1521.jpg

1506832261531841662094.jpg I get a kick out of these 2 well loved doglegs. I picked them up years apart and get a kick out of their near identically broken pen blades, and that the owners kept those stubs sharp and used them based on their wear. The lighter coloured bone is a Walden Knife Co with 19343 stamped on the tang. The darker leg is from a brand named Crusader, which I have found no info on. The rear tang is stamped 2957 so I presume it was made by Winchester. These frames are so near identical, down to pin and shield placement. Good thing there wasn't forums back then, cries of counterfeit would fill pages.

View attachment 773598 I get a kick out of these 2 well loved doglegs. I picked them up years apart and get a kick out of their near identically broken pen blades, and that the owners kept those stubs sharp and used them based on their wear. The lighter coloured bone is a Walden Knife Co with 19343 stamped on the tang. The darker leg is from a brand named Crusader, which I have found no info on. The rear tang is stamped 2957 so I presume it was made by Winchester. These frames are so near identical, down to pin and shield placement. Good thing there wasn't forums back then, cries of counterfeit would fill pages.

According to Goins, Crusader was a trademark used by Belknap hardware c 1939-1940.

PAL Cutlery - we all know and all too familiar with the beautiful Easy Openers that come up now and then like the one shown below..

w4C9tqj.jpg

This is the first Clip Point Pal Cutlery Jack I have seen, The Patina is all nat-u-ral on this old Girl- please dont get me wrong- the Jigged Bone is Rather Plain- and the Knife itself isn't a High-end Knife - but in saying that- FAR from a bad one as well, I just find this knife quite interesting as I have seen few- well to be honest from memory ...none! if you have one of these? I would really appreciate seeing them!

7Pk3kOe.jpg

B1CbewG.jpg

rBvVg9N.jpg

9oMeoIg.jpg
Very nice.:thumbsup:

Charlie, Duncan, Lloyd and robbobus... WONDERFUL knives:cool:

This arrived early in the week but aside from opening and setting it on my workbench until lastnight I had not had a chance to look over this old girl.

Circa 1920-1940 CASE Scout, flawless bone covers, full blades with honest earned patina and no play on any blade:thumbsup:

SvV2q3.jpg

54S82f.jpg

lg9Q6x.jpg

gowrnO.jpg

Many times I have said that Frank!

Paul - that's an outstanding Knife!
Beautiful covers my friend- and everything else that goes with it!

,Henry Sears and Son, quite possibly Camillus Built, a somewhat of a Plainish Knife- But the Bone Colour is so mellow I sort-of fell for it :(
Plain Bolsters, the fit and finish in the close ups that I will post make the Knife look quite shabby- but this is not so "in the Flesh".
Nice Blades- Sharpened- but not overly - Nice long Pen Blade....

OO51fLw.jpg

knd2yrP.jpg

BMOWeTh.jpg

MIU1scs.jpg

Y0dGoy7.jpg

7Szy8ur.jpg
That bone is singular. I like it!
- Stuart

Back