"Old Knives"

A notable collection of quintessential Jacks!!:thumbsup:
Thanks! I like bone jacks too, but I don't have as many interesting examples as in ebony.
Bunting / Wadsworth / United Boker / GEC
Bone jacks _001.jpg
Hmmm... Quintessential Jack sounds like a good nickname for one of our frequent porch dwellers :D:thumbsup:
:D:thumbsup:

Older Ulsters are usually well made, even the simpler patterns! Nice example, herder.:thumbsup:

Well since variety is the spice of life, or at least the spice of this page :D might as well throw in a celluloid knife or two :thumbsup: I posted pictures previously of the jack knife with these cool cell handles and found a pen knife with the same style... both knives are Stainless Steel Cutlery c.1924-1940. I found it unusual that the pen knife had a shield on both sides... must have been a pricey advertising knife!

View attachment 932175 View attachment 932176 View attachment 932177 View attachment 932178 View attachment 932179
Very cool celluloids. :cool::thumbsup: It's funny, but I dislike advertising on new knives, but love them on old ones, especially if the ad is for a long gone company or unusual, antiquated product. I guess it's just a case of nostalgia.

Well since variety is the spice of life, or at least the spice of this page :D might as well throw in a celluloid knife or two :thumbsup: I posted pictures previously of the jack knife with these cool cell handles and found a pen knife with the same style... both knives are Stainless Steel Cutlery c.1924-1940. I found it unusual that the pen knife had a shield on both sides... must have been a pricey advertising knife!

View attachment 932175 View attachment 932176 View attachment 932177 View attachment 932178 View attachment 932179
r8shell r8shell Here's some "nostalgia" to add to the celluloid knives :D

NOST.JPG

I’ve got an old Craftsman bear head knife. I’m afraid I don’t know too much about it. Would be happy to upload a photo, but I fear I don’t know how!

So one of the patterns that really floats my boat are jumbo jacks,very hard to find, in 3 years I've only managed to acquire 3. The latest is a Cattaraugus, fairly full main and a modified pen. I'm showing it with a Walden, an Empire and an Electric Cut Co bone handled knife for scale. The jumbo's start at 4" closed and seem to range up to 4 1/4" with a pretty hefty feel to them.

IMG_8770.jpg IMG_8773.jpg IMG_8771.jpg IMG_8779.jpg IMG_8781.jpg

Back