"Old Knives"

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/gec-and-voos.1026427/

Hey, David--I just used the link feature here to refer you to an interesting thread.

[First time I have used the link icon! :) ]
Thanks, this got me to thinking and I used the search function and found allot of Voos jacks that have been posted,and recently quite a few I even "liked" the post. So much for never hhaving heard of one before, for some reason though I couldn't remember having seen the name. From what I can see they're all just barehead jacks like mine, apparently its the only pattern stamped with the name?

Thanks, this got me to thinking and I used the search function and found allot of Voos jacks that have been posted,and recently quite a few I even "liked" the post. So much for never hhaving heard of one before, for some reason though I couldn't remember having seen the name. From what I can see they're all just barehead jacks like mine, apparently its the only pattern stamped with the name?

David, couple of nice finds, love the Winchester Barlow. From what I've been able to find out Voos had a couple patterns but that barehead jack was by far the most common one which is why they show up the most.

OH! I come before the great Porchenburg sages seeking wisdom! I have found an artifact unheard of by myself, bestow upon me thy knowledge of VOOS.
:D
cTyC0bz.jpg

enixt70.jpg

qttpTK8.jpg

As thanks for such knowledge I share for your viewing pleasure this humble Winchester
JJ1ks1t.jpg

tHBWaC0.jpg

Theatrics aside I found these today at an indoor flea market, I've not heard of VOOS before, but it was obvious this was a really nice vintage knife. Both needed a good flush and oil but are working better now. Really like the bone on the VOOS:thumbsup:

Nice pick-ups Hillbilly matey!
I like them both!!!
I have a Voos hiding somewhere? :confused: :) Not quite as nice as that beauty though my friend! :thumbsup:

Like the others have said Augie- Great Case there! Love that main!!!

Here's an old Case Tested I've had for quite a while - almost since I started collecting HJs!!:eek: X X (over) 6223P is stamped on the main - not all Testeds had pattern numbers on them! Neat punch; simple one-side bevel, but quite effective in use!! I love the Greenbone on this one!!:)Greenbone TD HJ 1.jpg Greenbone TD HJ 2.jpg Greenbone TD HJ 3.jpg Greenbone TD HJ 4.jpg Greenbone TD HJ 5.jpg

REAL nice HJ Charlie. Just Wow on that Knife I agree as the bone is extremely nice - exceptional for the Age!

Paul Hilborn is going through a Swiss Army Knife phase right now - he will be interested in seeing these examples! :thumbsup: @paulhilborn

Last edited:
My search for this obscure stamp didn't turn up much but a friend of mine from overseas says Rauh brothers Cutlery knives were made in Solingen Germany. They began operations in 1876 and he believes this knife was made between 1900 to 1925. It retains most of it's original luster and appears it was gently used. Quality is exceptional with flawless fit and finish.
6p3cbLW.jpg

3BgKpzJ.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks David, the covers reeled me in:D
rockman0 rockman0
Beautiful jack you got there, the covers are outstanding. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Duncan, I love it, I couldn't see the great fit and finish nor tell the action is like a new knife, I was pleasantly surprised :thumbsup:
I agree with our Hillbilly friend :)
That knife has absolutely everything a early Schrade Knife has. Gorgeous Swage work going over and beyond ( incl the Pen ), Stunning Pic Bone - just a great Knife all round!

Thanks Lloyd, I hadn't thought of gouged bone, I think you are correct :thumbsup:
Rob, outstanding gouged bone handles:thumbsup: pick bone sounds to delicate:eek::)

I've been offline almost a week now, just now getting a good look at your Voos, that's a great flea market find David :thumbsup::eek: Luck was with you that day my friend and brought you a double whammy with the colorful sawcut bone Winchester :thumbsup:
OH! I come before the great Porchenburg sages seeking wisdom! I have found an artifact unheard of by myself, bestow upon me thy knowledge of VOOS.
:D
cTyC0bz.jpg

enixt70.jpg

qttpTK8.jpg

As thanks for such knowledge I share for your viewing pleasure this humble Winchester
JJ1ks1t.jpg

tHBWaC0.jpg

Theatrics aside I found these today at an indoor flea market, I've not heard of VOOS before, but it was obvious this was a really nice vintage knife. Both needed a good flush and oil but are working better now. Really like the bone on the VOOS:thumbsup:

My search for this obscure stamp didn't turn up much but a friend of mine from overseas says Rauh brothers Cutlery knives were made in Solingen Germany. They began operations in 1876 and he believes this knife was made between 1900 to 1925. It retains most of it's original luster and appears it was gently used. Quality is exceptional with flawless fit and finish.
6p3cbLW.jpg

3BgKpzJ.jpg

Rob, that is a beautiful Jack, pretty close to my last name which is Rau and I have a German heritage.

Back