"Old Knives"

I saw this in an used furniture sales and consignment store. I thought others besides me might think it interesting. I wasn't sure where to post it, but didn't think a new thread was appropriate.

Sorry the photo angle isn't the best, it is sitting on top of several other vintage glass display cases, so I had to hold my camera above my head to take this picture.

IMG_02082020_080018_(4608_x_2112_pixel).jpg

New arrival, Empire, it's been cleaned a little but at least it didn't suffer one of the so called "professionally cleaned" jobs that hurt your eyes to look at.
KkWo8Rr.jpg

ak5Y4qT.jpg

Beautiful knife Rob!

Wow! I've never heard of "Dream King" but what a fitting name, as we all dream of finding knives like that!

Thank you all for the nice comments. Rachel, the more I look at it I'm pretty sure it's not DREAM, seems to be a couple more letters. Empire used "Forest King" on their large hunters but that does not fit either.

John, I am doing a little research with a friend in Winsted!!
We'll see what comes of it. I agree, it cannot be "Dream"!!

I looked at this lovely knife while having a very quick breakfast before flying out the Door this morning.
Just joining the Queue to add my 5 cents in Augie. Wonderful old Knife My friend - like Mike says it’s very nicely rounded- this really adds to such a lovely big old Jack like this, if you asked my why? I don’t know if I could give you a well educated answer other than it aesthetically more attractive when having an old Jack in Woods- be it Ebony, Mahogany or Cocobolo.
Full Blades, etched and in beautiful condition and knowing Empire this lovely old Jack will have a very nice assertive Pull - and as Lloyd pointed out - a nice Shield.

Back