Old Pocket Knife Boxes

I did not find a thread that is dedicated to just old knife boxes and related ephemera. I just started collecting them and would like to see any you may have in your collection:) Here is my first old knife box:D

b2.jpg

Probably not too many of those floating around.

I have always like the way things were labeled and packaged back in the day. It is good to some of today's companies like GEC keep to that tradition and use traditional styled labeling.

Good topic idea. That NYKC box is great! I seldom see old knife boxes like that, which isn't too surprising, given how fragile they are compared to their contents. Hopefully, a few more will turn up in this thread.

The only example I have is kinda boring, as it has no markings, but the blue velveteen lining matches the colored ink in the handle etching to a tee :

RemLobster03.jpg

RemLobster01.jpg

I do have a few old Remington knife wrappers:

RemJack01.jpg

The only example I have is kinda boring, as it has no markings, but the blue velveteen lining matches the colored ink in the handle etching to a tee :

Rick, the box might be a little boring but the knife is great! What an example to have, it it looks right at home in that nicely lined box. Glad to see the Remington knife wrappers and another prime example knife on top of it:thumbup:

CE

WOW! What an absolutely "drop dead gorgeous" jigged bone Remington.
Can I ask what model it is and do you have any more you could show us ???
Thank you.

Thanks, guys. Sigman - I don't wanna derail this thread, but you can find a few more pics of the R993 Remington Jack on page 82 of the "Old Knives" sticky thread.

I don't have many boxes with labels but this box still had the cotton and paper wrapper and one Knife left. One of my best finds ever!
WHITTLER%20BOX.jpg
&
ULSTER%20FT.jpg
I'm guessing the hand written .85 was the cost of a knife? (I paid more than that) Barry

Wow - what a treasure :eek:! Judging from the photo, it looks as good as the day it was built. That's a spectacular find. Got a pic of the wrapper and the inside of the box by any chance?

I'm guessing the hand written .85 was the cost of a knife? (I paid more than that) Barry

I don`t see a decimal point before the 85, I think it was the year it was made, 1885. I would also like to see the packing material they used:cool:

CE

Rick, These 2 pix were in my photo collection so I posted them to this thread, I will have to dig out the knife & box to take more scans. The paper wrapper is only plain Tissue paper with no printing. Barry

Thawk & Arathol, those are great! This is a pleasant surprise to see so many mint knives shown with their original boxes:cool:

Barry, that Ulster combo is just mind-boggling, never seen anything like it!:eek::thumbup::thumbup:

Fantastic examples folks!!

Here's a NY Knife Co. done for the George Worthington Company:

kbulja.jpg
[/IMG]

vq4rcz.jpg
[/IMG]

And an Ulster #10 barlow, mid to late fifties:

t4tzrk.jpg
[/IMG]

Some really nice examples here, that Ulster box is sensational and I like the Tally-Ho! fox.

Queen Cutlery and Canal St. put out a decent box at the moment, GEC has some tasteful & sometimes amusing labels on their 'tubes'. The idea of a tube rather than a box is a novel idea. Bottom of the current class must come CASE, their boxes are flimsy and dull .They do have the date stamp on them which is useful, otherwise uh-uh!

Back