• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Oliver Plomion

Won't contact you because you took this public? What a bunch of crap! Oliver Plomion, you have proved yourself to be nothing more than a POS.

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate predicament with...

flimflam18ny.jpg

Well, I prefer to step up and tell my part of the story. For the first Bill, when you mention things from our mails, mention ALL the context. When speaking of my Commander, my wife said that there is not so much he can do about it since I have the documentation proving I did send the WSK to your adress.So there is no fraud from my part.
But let's start from the begining.
I've send this WSK and still have the PO papers about it. When we learn Bill didn't received it, we made a claim at the PO (and still have this claim too).
It took severals week before we got an answer from the french PO that said the package was in USA and not notified as lost. So no possibility to even get the inssurance of this package. Last time I had an issue with some packages, it was when the danish customs confiscated some knives, and every guys involved in this deals got more than what they lost back then. If I wanted to screw something with this WSK I could have got much more for this. I mean, if my intentions were bad, severals guys proposed me lots of cash for this WSK! why should I have accept only one deal if I wanted to screw people?
So yes I've send this WSK and can prove it, the claim even said it was in USA, but I never told to Bill he was a liar and asked him to prove he didn't got the package. I know I should have step up before, but to be honnest I'm very tired of this situation this is the second time for me over seas shipment sucks and last time I lost a lot of knives and money in it, but resolved all the situation.I did it fast cause I knew the customs had the knives, in this case all that I have is an inquiry from the PO telling the package is in USA. So I'm willing to resolve this but this mean I just have to say goodbye to this WSK just like that...
Beside, about my job, if somebody need any justification about it, no problem, send me a mail and I will prove you that I'm LEO.

oliverplomion said:
Well, I prefer to step up and tell my part of the story.

ROTFLMAO

oliverplomion said:
So yes I've send this WSK and can prove it. . . .

Well hell, prove it.

I've never understood the mentality in making the claim, "I can prove it," instead of just proving it. :rolleyes:

oliverplomion said:
. . . .in this case all that I have is an inquiry from the PO telling the package is in USA.

IMO, the seller is responsible for the transaction until the buyer is satisfied with the item, just as the buyer retains responsibility until the seller receives payment.

With that said, your responsibility doesn't end once the package hits the US border.

Actually Oliver if you remember you told me the PO paid off on your claim on the WSK and that you had only insured it for $200. So are you now admiting you have not sent the machete back. You know the one you said went out 2 months ago? What about the Warrior you promised to buy from a US dealer at the end of April?

Here's the last three Emails I recieved from Oliver back it February. At that point he seemed like he was going to get this worked out. His own words are my proof :p

Hi Bill,

I'm sorry to hear about your job. How many payement can I do so it's acceptable for you? will it be ok to sttle this with 4 or 5 payements? I have the same problem as you since I was at the hospital I went down in salary. Let me know.
Oli

Hi bill

Sorry it seem like the last mail didn't went trough. I can not pay you in two time so I propose to send the knives back as NIB as I got them plus a cool compensation gift for all the time you've wait. Please send me your shiping addy again and I'll send them in two separate package just to be sure.
Oli

Hi Bill,

the first package including the machete and a special gift for you shiped Friday. Please let me know as soon as you got it so I will ship the warrior.
Regards

actualy, the machete did shiped, just had to fill a form for the customs and it took some time becaus they didn't knew how to classify. this machete.

So what's the status? Who's got what and where is it?

OK so the machete is "in the mail". What about the Warrior that was supposed to have been purchased at the end of April when you got paid?

Olivier just phoned me to explain his point of view in this situation.
He's very upset about this story because he did everything he could. He seems honest and it is a fact that a tracking system stops to the border.
He's actually a gendarme (LEO equivalent), but he doesn't hide himself behind his badge. He was fireman as volonteer too (not his work), as many people from small village in the south of the france.
I bought a large sebenza, and the postal service lost it. So I lost 400$ too and I'm still waiting for an happy end. Shit happens... even if it is a lot of money (and trust me I understand the pain and the frustration, and the doubts too), nobody died.
I think minds must be calm down and you have to find a way out together, between gentlemen. I think the barrier of the langage fooled both of you. Try to trust each other and find a solution without trash talking :eek:

Isn't Remulak south of France?????

Oliver needs to make this right, it's not the buyers issue, it's OLLIE'S!!!!

1) this case is not a purchase but an exchange.
2) Olivier has got the P.O shipping notice that prove that the knife has been sent. He made a complaint to his PO. The french postal service tracked the parcel but the tracking stops at the border.
I had the same story with a respectful forum member. He sent my large sebenza but It has been lost or stolen. What should I do? Accuse the buyer to be a thief? When I do an international deal, I know the risk about the possibility of a loss or a steal.
3) Bad mouthing a forum member without evidence of his guilt, or without the knowledge of the two points of view, is a diffamation. It's a forum, not a popular court. If Olivier didn't answer to Bill, we could perhaps judge him.
4) Olivier lives in the lozere (south west of the France), in a small village named Marvejols. He told me he lived few years in Danmark because his wife is danish

Moonlight, while I can see your point, I disagree with it in this situation. Oliver has continually choosen not to communicate with me or provide any of the tracking,customs numbers he should have. Also he has told me his wife has the paperwork and she has told me he has it. Who am I supposed to believe? Neither has shown it to me. Also lost in the mail doesn't explain why the Chris Reeve knife has not been replaced yet. Oliver made the commitment to buy it at the end of April. At this time it's only the machete that has been sent out according to Oliver. It seems to me the end result is an easy fix. Return my knives. The faster that happens, the faster we can all get on with our lives. I too do not like airing this publicly but after almost two months of no replies from my inquiries I had been left with no option other than to warn others of Oliver's actions. He told me he had recieved the insurance claim on the WSK so that matter is settled as far as I am concerned. The fact that he underinsured it was his fault not mine. And this is assuming it was even sent out as I never saw any proof of that. Now the machete is "lost" too and still no proof it was sent out. After this amount of time,if it was sent out, make a claim for the insured value and send me payment. Oliver is fully aware of the value of these items and should have taken appropriate security measures to ensure no further loss to either of us. The fact that he is a policeman, in my mind, makes this even worst. He of all people should be responsible enough to handle shipping a package so that it is sure to not cause a loss. He needs to step up and accept responsibility here and get this manner settled. Why couldn't he discuss what you and he discussed with me? He has never made 1st contact with me on this issue. Only a handful of short curt replies when I had mentioned I may have to take this public if I didn't hear from him and that started way back in December! He has found time to send me pictures of him in uniform but not time to send a pic of the shipping paperwork?!?!? Seems a little strange to me that he's concerned more about his job identity than his honor. I waited all summer for a WSK to show up that never did. After he told me it was lost and he had collected the insurance HE made a payment schedule to pay me back. No payment was made. Then he made another offer to pay and still no payment, After that I told him to just send the knives back. A simple end to this situation. He tells me he will send the machete and buy me a new Warrior. That was in February. Still no machet or Warrior. He needs to explain this to me.

moonlight said:
3) Bad mouthing a forum member without evidence of his guilt, or without the knowledge of the two points of view, is a diffamation. It's a forum, not a popular court. If Olivier didn't answer to Bill, we could perhaps judge him.

So if I blow you off with bogus answers that qualifies as me being truthful? Life isn't that black and white.
:confused:

Bill,

I don't know who I can believe and I don't want to be in the crossfire :eek: . I just posted and emailed some infos to you about where you could contact him, because i thought you need help to clarify this situation.
He told me that sending a machette is very dangerous because he need a special customs permission (a machette is classified as a war weapon for the french customs). That's true and that's why I will never buy a machette, a katana or a very large bowie across the ocean (helas :rolleyes: ).
He told me he did everything he could (by the way he told me that he sent you a pic of this PO notice, but as it was in french, you didn't believe him) and he cannot do more than wait.
I advise him some solutions, like send you the half of the value or one of the both knife. He just answered me that your insults in your emails discouraged him. And he was affraid to send another knife with a big value and loss it again.
I still don't have all the elements, and I don't know Olivier personnaly. He gave me his msn account and perhaps I will have more infos in the next days.

I just have to say that I'm totally neutral like Switzerland and I don't want to say something wrong about both of you.

moonlight said:
1) this case is not a purchase but an exchange.

Moot issue. Again, the transaction, no matter if an exchange or for money, isn't complete until both parties are satisfied !

At this point, Bill has not received any of the goods. . . .so. . . .Ollie needs to step up to the plate and make good !

moonlight said:
2) Olivier has got the P.O shipping notice that prove that the knife has been sent. He made a complaint to his PO. The french postal service tracked the parcel but the tracking stops at the border.

I had the same story with a respectful forum member. He sent my large sebenza but It has been lost or stolen. What should I do? Accuse the buyer to be a thief? When I do an international deal, I know the risk about the possibility of a loss or a steal.

Having a postal shipping notice does not negate Ollie's responsibility. Onus is on Ollie. Just because he "supposedly" shipping a portion of the exchange and it's not delivered DOES NOT redirect responsibility to Bill.

As far as YOUR situation, it's unfortunate. Here's a hint for you. . . . .start your own thread. Don't side track this one with your woes.

moonlight said:

HELLO. . . .Bill posted his side and Ollie has posted his. There seems to be some errors in Ollie's story. Hmmmmmmmm. . . .

Here's what's funny. Bill tries to contact Ollie and he uses his wife as his mouthpiece. Now he has moonlight doing his bidding. :jerkit:

with this sort of comments and everybody against him, I can understand why Olivier doesn't want to make more efforts...

Now it is not my business, i'm out of here.

By the way, I posted my own thread for a while. I'm the seller and for everybody, it was my fault... curious, hum?

Hey Moonlight, If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and smells like a duck, it's Ollie!!!!

Now pay the piper duck-boy.................................

For a Police Officer type, I am embarrased!!! Cops need to ALWAYS do the right thing because they are Cops, Period............

moonlight said:
with this sort of comments and everybody against him, I can understand why Olivier doesn't want to make more efforts...

LMAO

What I've seen in Bill's posts, Ollie's efforts suck. From Ollie's response to this thread. . . . .his effort(s) are even worse.

moonlight said:
By the way, I posted my own thread for a while. I'm the seller and for everybody, it was my fault... curious, hum?

:jerkit:

I still don't understand why Olliver thinks that this being made public gives him the right to not make good on the deal. That is the most self serving BS that I have seen in awhile. Looks to me like Oliver is is just looking for an excuse to get out of doing what is right. There is absolutely no justification for screwing someone out of what you rightfully owe him. None of the responsibility is Bill's. Oliver received what was shipped to him and now he has to fulfill his end of the deal. There shouldn't be anything hard to understand about that.

Back