OP2W Part Deux . . . What Do You Want To See?

We have the ASH1, ASH2, how about a smaller version of the ASH1? Call it the HALF ASH, or better yet WHUPASH!! Has a nice ring to it, yes?

Those HG55's look so amazing because of that long bowie swedge IMHO (plus the handles). Bring back the bowie tips for normal SYKCO models. 511, 711, etc... and another vote for those HG55's and TGLB COMP / BIG DC :)

Well I always asked for the NMSOB , very pleased that the Hog Badger came to be :)

I wouldn’t mind a NMSFNO with saber grind and swedge :)
Another would be a BG Boss Street .22 with full flat grind :)

Oh yeah and maybe a Tankbuster at .20-.22 :)

I was just thinking about this thread this morning, as I was arranging some of my ... acquisitions. I know people keep saying they need larger FMV# or FMV##. But what would really be nice is a smaller FMV. The FMV8 is fantastic, and I really wanted to get the FMV14 as well. But neither of those are going to be ones that I actually carry, much less use. Even though I have a sheath for the FMV8 already. BUT, something in the FMV5 or 4 range would really be usable, or at least quite carryable, in a more or less EDC scenario. I mean, I can stash my FMV8, but only in places off my person on a daily basis. an FMV5, or especially 4, could be stuck in a lot more convenient places for carry.

We have the ASH1, ASH2, how about a smaller version of the ASH1? Call it the HALF ASH, or better yet WHUPASH!! Has a nice ring to it, yes?
....the 3B2 was a bit like a hot washed ASH... probably 80% the size of the standard ASH1. An ASH in RMD proportions would be nice as well !

Last edited:
What the hell....I'll toss another opinion into the vast unknown of this thread again...like tossing a penny into a wishing well.
Dear Mr Busse..I wish upon my lucky star that the MOAB be released.. soon
...kerplunk!! (Penny)

Well...
Despite scouring the exchange, I can't seem to find a HACK Elmax Warden or Active Duty to use as a game knife, so I grabbed a gently used Max Duty. My current dilemma is trying to convince myself to NOT modify it... grind the tang away for a HACK sized choil, round off the butt to a more Game Warden shape, and (maybe) slightly grind the spine to more of a drop point... a Max-HACK-Duty-Warden?!? I'm sure the shop would do a much better job than I can, and save a bunch of effort.... so Pretty Please?

If that won't fly, I simply vote for more Busse heat-treated, super-thin ground Elmax... the Max Duty and a new to me ScrapMax have quickly become my favorite slicers!

I was looking at my Ratweiler and my Ratmandu the other day, thinking how similarly shaped the blade was........how about a Ratmandu that is totally scaled up to Ratweiler size? A FatRatmandu or ChopDuey?

Well...
Despite scouring the exchange, I can't seem to find a HACK Elmax Warden or Active Duty to use as a game knife, so I grabbed a gently used Max Duty. My current dilemma is trying to convince myself to NOT modify it... grind the tang away for a HACK sized choil, round off the butt to a more Game Warden shape, and (maybe) slightly grind the spine to more of a drop point... a Max-HACK-Duty-Warden?!? I'm sure the shop would do a much better job than I can, and save a bunch of effort.... so Pretty Please?

If that won't fly, I simply vote for more Busse heat-treated, super-thin ground Elmax... the Max Duty and a new to me ScrapMax have quickly become my favorite slicers!

I agree. The HACK Elmax Warden is excellent. I posted a few photos in the linked thread.
https://bladeforums.com/threads/looking-for-an-edc-fixed-blade.1401694/#post-16156483

I'm also a big fan of the HG55, but I would rather slim it down to about .150-.160.

Back