Open Discussion Thread

I took a break from the Forums for awhile, just got busy and focused on other things. I had a lot on my mind and the summer was full of life adventures that we all have to deal with on occasion. I am around again, never planned to leave in the first place.

Title Explains it, say or ask whatever you want. No topics, no rules other than keep it within reason, positive and mind your manners! All trolls will be dealt with accordingly (I have never had a problem other than weird spats of ambush spamming).

Whats on ya'lls mind?

Last edited:
I had to take a few days off from the grind. I had been working like a mad man since Blade Show and my bones were not happy with me, and not to mention tired as hell. I have had a good few days of rest and feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed again. I am ready to hit the shop again tomorrow or Monday. I have been sitting at home, organizing my expense books, writing my bio, ordering supplies and figuring out my game plan for the next 6 months to a year.

Last edited:
Choppaman Choppaman I am feeling better! Thanks for asking brother! I hate taking time off when I feel like there is stuff to be done, but I needed it and yes it has been good for the body and soul.

Chris, Good to hear that you "self manage"....and get the R&R you require to keep going. Even the "hardest working man in the knife making business" needs to take a break and tend your well from time to time. Take Care Brother

Thanks Douglas I try, I do work till I drop most of the time, I do not know how to do it any other way, but like you said here and there I need to hang my hat up for a few days and sit at home and relax the old bones.

I hope you have been enjoying your R&R up North I bet you are not missing the heat down South.

Just gave Major a Bath! :eek:
That may not seem like much but any of you tried to wrestle a 65 pound wet dog in and out of the tub that hates baths you oughta know that's a chore! :D I shouldn't say he hates them, he hates them all the way up stairs as I have to push his fat ass ( I say this lovingly) ;):Dup a flight of stairs, protesting the whole way. Then he take any opportunity he can to dart off in any other room besides the one we are going in. :confused:Then once I go to lift him he acts if if I am about to stew him alive in a boiling hot vat of water. I assure you it has never been above luke warm. Once he his in and wet he is chill and enjoys the scrubbing, actually a real pleasure to bathe, he will lift any leg I ask without me have to pull, he turns around so I get all his sides, it actually looks choreographed.:cool: Once bath time is over is a mad scramble to get out of the tub. Half the time I have to slow his hasty dismount from my arms as he is in such a hurry to run around the house and rub all over everything in sight. :eek::D

Must find a better way....

Since I am on the subject of Major! Little fun fact, I have never had a dog that could belche like a drunk college bachelor. :D
He doesn't just do it occasionally its a regular thing, at least a couple times a day and it ain't quite either kinda wet sometimes! :eek::rolleyes:

Makes for a great topic when having company!
Goes, something like this...

Major-Bluuuurrpp, :cool:
Company- Oh my, was that your dog?! :eek:
Me- Yeah he burps like that all the time! :D

Last edited:
Pecan, blackberry, apple, cherry. Hell, I like’em all.

I'm weird with desserts, I do not have much of a sweet tooth and rarely eat dessert.
I do like Apple, Pecan and sweet potato pies
I am not a fan of cherries so you got me there, never had a black berry pie that I can recall. Like I said never really been much for dessert so there is alot of normal deserts I have not tried.

If you put a blackberry pie in front of me I do believe I would try! I like blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, I like berries period.

I can see that whole thing with Major going down. That was a great play by play of events. LOL. Hilarious!! I think they get excited that they just got cleaned up and run around the house like a bat out of hell. Bahahahaha

Belching? That’s funny too. Oh man. Our mini dachshund has some seriously bad breath. He can empty a room out. LOL. But no belching. That’s funny. Well. You can always blame it on major. Hahahaha. Seriously though. He’s a cool dog.

Pie? For some reason I cannot get around the taste of rhubarb pie. My mom used to make that all the time. She’d go to the back yard and pluck those reddish pink plants and go at it. Never liked it. Taste buds have changed. Suppose I could try again but if you put a piece of pecan pie or banana, lemon, butterscotch creme pie or a cobbler in front of me. That will win hands down.

I'm glad to hear my dog isn't alone in the belching department. Every single time he scarfs down a bowl of kibble, he has to find either my wife or myself so that he can burp by us. I guess it's his way of announcing that his bowl is empty. He'll walk clear across the house to find one of us and then *bleeeeeeeerp*.

Back