OT: What Handgun and Rifle combo would you pair up with your Khukuri?

Since the gun topics bring out the shooters in our group: What handgun and rifle combo do you use with your beloved H.I. Khukuri?

Situations:

1. Combat environment.

2. Survival.

3. Sailing.

Let's go!!!! :)

1. .45 Beretta Cougar and Mini 14
2. S&W Mod 629 Marlin .44 carbine
3. Ruger GP 100 and Remington 870 with slugs

In all truth, what ever I can get to when things go south will do just fine.

for love- .41 mag After revolution- post nuke disaster, I'd take any calibre I could find ammo for. My own handloads of .41 wouldn't last forever.

Rifle- probably .308 If I could hack the weight, I might consider the M1A.

1. M1A and .45acp
2. Easy- the ones i had in my hands. .375 H&H would be good.
3. I don't boat- wouldn't mind a shotgun and a .41 or 44 or .45 Colt

munk

I guess I'm Cheap when it comes to things that my life depends on. I only have one setup I love shoting. I bought one rifle to use for everthing. Don't Have a use for pistol. Not anything against them just don't use them. If I had to shot one though I'd stick to the same company that made Betsy.
1 M1a www.springfield-armory.com/prod-rifles-m21.shtml
2 M1911A1 www.springfield-armory.com/prod-pstl-1911-fs.shtml

Even shot trap (200 yards from the base of a large hill)one time with the M1a and got 8 out of 12:) Old proveb "Be careful of a man that shots one gun for everything he proably knows how to use it"

I'm an M1A guy too, I'd still probably grab it for a .30cal rifle in an emergency, despite my FAL kick of late.

1. Combat: lightweight AR15 carbine w/Aimpoint (my "baby"). Pistol is my usual Glock 20 in 10mm.

2. Survival: same except add a .22 adapter for the rifle and pistol, and add a .40s&w barrel for the G20. Possibly switch to M1A for more hunting opportunities, but it is a big step up in size and weight too. Possibly switch to a Lee-Enfield .303 for a very long term survival rifle, as it could be fed with black powder in a real pinch. In a fighting-oriented survival situation I will either be dead or have lots of other guns and ammo to pick up :D

3. Sailing: Glock handgun and some kind of .30 cal rifle, probably the FAL. Prefer quad .50cal mount from old M17 halftrack :D :D

I usually don't carry a pistol so Here are my choices.
#1 My AK-47
#2 My AK-47
#3 My AK-47
With as many mags as I can carry.:D
God Bless.
Terry

My Ruger P-90DC in .45, and It'd be a toss up between the Winchester model 94 (chambered for .45acp, so's I could use the same loads for rifle and pistol, and it's a classic saddle gun), my .270cal, or my Ithaca 12ga scattergun. With saboted slugs or regular slugs, the interchangeable (rifled) slug barrel allows an effective range approaching 200yds. My dad tood a buck at 120yds with it 5yrs ago.

Keith

I ain't saying nothing. I don't have any illegal stuff but there isn't any paper trail for any one to follow. So, Mum is the word. They are in a special place so I don't even worry about metal detectors.:)

1. Glock 35 in .40 SW and .357 Sig, Fn-FAL Congo model and a Marc Krebs AK-74.

2. Ruger Redhawk with Bowen Alpine conversion (.44 Mag), FN- FAL Congo, .22 LR Beretta Model 70 (my old companion).

3. Glock 24 in .40 SW and .357 Sig, Stainless FAL from DSA Arms.

For 1,2 and 3 mine would be the same: AR15 carbine with trijicon reflex and Glock 19. I don't think they would be the best for certain situations but I'm very proficient with them. I think proficiency, in certain situations, makes all the difference.

Ryan

I think my choices would be as follows:

1. Combat= .45 Cal Wilson K-45 and the AR-15 I made for myself at work. I know that both will "go bang" when they're needed, I was trained to maintain and rebuild both styles in the Army and I shoot them both well.(Most important)

2. Survival= 12 gauge Shotgun with assorted shells and a .32 Mag Ruger SP101. Both very versitile.

3. Sailing= I have no idea?! I keep my feet firmly on dry land as much as possible :D.

Mike

1. Styer GB : H&K PSG1
2. Ruger Security Six SS : Custom ultralight AR-15 (4.5 lbs.)
3. Glock 17 : Benelli Nova Riot Gun with GunKote teflon finish

Let's just say that most of my 22 ammo can fit into a 50 cal ammo cam.

1- for combat use, I'd be a toss up between my lightly tweaked Stainless Colt Combat Commander .45 and "Old Reliable" aka my Sig 226 9mm. Rifle: Flattop Colt AR-15, Surefire Tac light, and ACOG Reflex, and CQB sling.

2: Survival: 4" SS Ruger Security six .357 mag, and my AK-47.

3: Boating: Same Ruger and That M1 Garand Roy Scheider used on Jaws.:p If the M1 wasn't available, then my 6 shot Remington 870 Mag 12 guage would hafta do:)

-Craig

Originally posted by T.Sisco
I usually don't carry a pistol so Here are my choices.
#1 My AK-47
#2 My AK-47
#3 My AK-47
With as many mags as I can carry.:D
God Bless.
Terry

Nice choice Terry!!!

I also would take my AK47 and as far as pistols go I don't think anything beats a Sig! I have owned them all form Glocks to Springfields to Kimbers to Beretta and all have jammed at least once on me but I can't get my Sig 229 to jam even limp wristing it! I'd bet my life on that gun! That AK is also so dard relaiable and just too fun to shoot!:)

Pappy- I've filled out so many 4473's they probably put a GPS tag in my ear while I was sleeping. Seriously, If it comes to that, we'll be deep soup anyhow.

munk

Mine is a model 71 6". Just a sweet thing to shoot.

Munk you may be right but I keep thinking of different ways to try to beat the system. What have I got to lose?:)

Rifle: CETME or Romanian AK
Pistol: repro Italy, Colt 1851 Navy (non historically accurate .44cal)
Kukri: Sher made 16.5in WW2

1. M1A and Glock 17
2. Browning .270 and Colt Anaconda
3. Mossberg 12 GA stainless pump-action shotgun and S&W 649

...although I think Terry's onto something here :D

Back