Photos Our ABC's - Join In! (All Knife Styles)

I'd planned to use my Dark Stars for D for some time and was googling the model a bit for info yesterday when I ran into a thread with yours somewhere. I thought "maybe CV will beat me to the punch" and indeed you have. ;)

When I was searching for these some years back it was hard to find any with plain blades as is often the case with some older, rarer BMK models. The full-size one was not in great shape when I got it with a godawful sharpening job, blade scratches, dirty, and a little bit of lock slip--not enough to come close to disengagement but enough to make me wrinkle my nose at. The mini came LNIB and is a great example of the model.

They're hard pieces to photograph, especially as a pair, with their reflective dagger style blades, and I couldn't really capture the richness of their gold ano'd liners. Not the most useful knives either, these, but pretty cool nonetheless.

ocNE10j.jpg

tpSCx4J.jpg

RYXhz3Y.jpg

xI1TttM.jpg

Bonus for the Bushmills! The real Irish whisky. ;)
Oh dear...Bushmills....That almost brings back memories. In '90, I went to a union convention in Toronto for a whole weekend. I won't go into any details on what we did (somewhat incriminating, from the little I can recall) but I did bring a bottle of Bushmills and I pretty well drank the whole thing myself along with copious amounts of beer chasers.

Now I know why the Irish believe in leprechauns, as I swear I saw and drank with a few, while alone in my room.

Back