Outdoors Survivin!

Wow just beautiful redwood. That old homestead, man that's just too cool. For some reason that leaves me the old lonesome feeling in my gut, ha. Guess it's time for a roadtrip.

we stayed just outside of the Elizabeth furnace campground in a more rustic one that is frequented by off-roaders... which was less crowded but more noisy. I think my next stop will be the actual EF camp ground and maybe hike to signal knob http://www.hikingupward.com/GWNF/SignalKnob/ . Haven't done that since i was a kid... I must say fall-spring its great out here, I even really enjoy winter camping...but summer is very hit-or-miss.

Here's some pics from an Elk Hunt tag I was trying to fill. The area was only accessible by boat, so we had to get our equipment across a 20 mile lake and hunt another 25 up gravel logging roads.
We did 4 separate trips in over a 5 week period…. with a total of 11 nights out. Onle 1 day was decent weather. We swamped boats from high winds, flat tires, sprained ankles, cougars, bears….
Used jet boats, ATV's, dirt bikes…. hiked our butts off… got soaked to the bone….
It was awesome.
Sadly I didn't punch the tag….

7/7 riding on my pack

boat with quads

river 20miles up the road

That is some wild looking country man. Too bad you didn't fill the tag. Everyone out safe I hope, minus the sprains and bruises?

RiverRunner! Good to see a post from you. Really nice pics. Despite not getting an elk, it looked like a great time. Is that a 7/7 on your pack?

Hard Knocks, nice pics. Snow??? We're your adventures near home?

Hard Knocks, nice pics. Snow??? We're your adventures near home?

Yep, in the hills north of our house. One thing I really like about living here is the diversity of the terrain. We're right on the breaks where the mountains meet the desert and the Snake River, so timber (and snow) country to the north and sagebrush to the south :)

Wow. That's beautiful. Looks like a true outdoors man's paradise

Yep, in the hills north of our house. One thing I really like about living here is the diversity of the terrain. We're right on the breaks where the mountains meet the desert and the Snake River, so timber (and snow) country to the north and sagebrush to the south :)

Sounds perfect!

Sorry you didn't fill your tags redwood. Gorgeous scenic views though. Just awesome. I may have to come hunt there. Just to get away from it all. Literally. That 7/7 just don't look right, I think it needs some Texas sun on it. ;)

Hard knocks that snow is awesome. We rarely get it here and when we do its on top of about 10 inches of ice lol. So have fun driving. I don't worry bout my driving so much, just the other speed racers that say oh its just snow. No biggie and spin out @ 85.

Thanks all! Yes we made it out ok. Minus the equipment damage and sprains.
....and yes that's #02 7/7 riding on my pack.

Thanks all! Yes we made it out ok. Minus the equipment damage and sprains.

:thumbup:

Hard knocks that snow is awesome. We rarely get it here and when we do its on top of about 10 inches of ice lol. So have fun driving. I don't worry bout my driving so much, just the other speed racers that say oh its just snow. No biggie and spin out @ 85.

We have our share of idiot drivers here too. Usually the first snow of the year brings them out, ha! But yeah, I enjoy the snow and wanted to make one more trip into that country before it closes up for the winter. Very shortly it will have to be done by sled, if at all.

Back