overpriced blades

what are the most overpriced blades on the market in your opinion?

for me Al Mar is pretty high up there. I love their designs but $100 and up for a blade with so little materials and in AUS-8? seems.... steep

Edit: just to quell the rhetoric on the definition of "overpriced" that seems to be going on, overpriced IN YOUR OPINION (this is key) means anything that seems like what they are offering does not match the price they are asking. not necessarily just expensive knives as a whole, just any blade that makes you think "you want that much money for THAT??". maybe you bought it but are now thinking you didn't quite get your moneys worth or you want it but just can't justify the purchase at the asking price. does that help?

Last edited:
Emerson- although i love 'em

Hinderer(secondary market) -love 'em also

looks like i'll be buying overpriced blades:p

There are some people that pay $400 and up for a spyderco military or a Para Military. Even though they have s90v blades damn that's too much for that knife. Check the completed auctions on eBay and you will be surprised how much people pay for some sprint run spydercos. I can get an XM 18, strider, or Sebenza for those prices

I agree with al mars being overprice. I think sum of the MT halos are very steep. Obviously the hinders are also in high demand and command a high price. I think piranha for an auto is a decent bang for ur buck ive owned 3 paid 200 total for all 3 and they are nice knives never failed on me but do suffer alittle side to side blade play. Idk benchmades are pretty expensive on there msrp.

Benchmade. The blades and designs are great. But that crappy plastic handle makes it feel cheap and like a toy. I would have more benchmades (or kept the ones I tried) if the handle was better. Maybe same material but better constructed so it didn't FEEL so cheap. Not worth it to me which is a shame really because otherwise f&f are good.

Striders and custom Striders.
Secondary market XM'S
Emersons are heavy duty, but definitely overpriced.
BM 4x balisongs on secondary market
S90v spyd sprints
And I wouldnt pay over $50 for any microtech...much less their asking prices.

Last edited:
Emerson- although i love 'em

Hinderer(secondary market) -love 'em also

looks like i'll be buying overpriced blades:p

+1 on Emerson. great utilitarian design but coming close to $200 for most of their folders? whats their rational for that price exactly?

for me though, its not over priced if I'm willing to choke down what they're asking price is. overpriced for me is when I just can't rationalize getting something at the price they ask, even if I really love the knife itself.

Not sure how any knife that is quickly scarfed up can be call overpriced.

If they sell quickly by definition they are not overpriced.

Agreed. All things are priced at the maximum price people are willing to pay for them. Overpriced things would be priced at a price that is over what people are willing to pay. And nobody would pay for them.

Knife sells....not overpriced.

Im sure there are something actually considered 'overprice' for majority people.

Overpriced never mean something like 'no one would able to buy it' in my book.

On topic, IMO they are

Emerson, Strider and XM at 2nd market

Im sure there are something actually considered 'overprice' for majority people.

Overpriced never mean something like 'no one would able to buy it' in my book.

On topic, IMO they are

Emerson, Strider and XM at 2nd market

By that argument, almost all knives are overpriced. The majority of people wouldn't consider spending much at all on a knife.

Benchmade. The blades and designs are great. But that crappy plastic handle makes it feel cheap and like a toy. I would have more benchmades (or kept the ones I tried) if the handle was better. Maybe same material but better constructed so it didn't FEEL so cheap. Not worth it to me which is a shame really because otherwise f&f are good.

You realize that Benchmade makes more knives than the Griptilian, right?

Cold Steel Espadas for sure. Cost more than some ZT's but with Aus8
Emerson Commanders. Very good knives, but a tad pricy

Have to agree. The price I've paid for my Sebenzas is crazy for Titanium and S30V or S35VN. That being said, I bought them, love them, and given the shortages, everyone else does too.

Back