Overused and/or trite words of the Knife World

You're probably young, full of appetite and energy (and sound teeth). The "apple peeling and slicing" stuff is a zen like activity, similar to sitting on the porch and watching the night setting in. Slow, satisfying and quiet. I like to do it for breakfast, before coffee. It supports my sluggish awakening. More suited to older people, maybe.

I also slice my apples. I rarely peel (for my self at least).

I had braces as a kid, and got in the habit of slicing my apples. Now that I am middle aged. I still prefer slicing apples to eat them. Partly because I have a beard, and dislike cramming an apple in my mouth whole and gnawing off chuncks, and getting my beard messy. Now......I will be the first to admit, this may have something to do with eating apples in an office environment, where I have a kitchen area, and plates, and then ability to wash my hands before handling the food.

I'm sure this has been said already, but the first term that I think of is "Tactical". It seems like there are a lot of different definitions and characteristics for knives to be called Tactical. Just one example is black coated blades which looks to be a popular trend.

"snail trails" (and I am guilty of using it)...... I wonder if Colonel Kurtz thought of them:
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving."

and how about "new to me"

Last edited:
You're probably young, full of appetite and energy (and sound teeth). The "apple peeling and slicing" stuff is a zen like activity, similar to sitting on the porch and watching the night setting in. Slow, satisfying and quiet. I like to do it for breakfast, before coffee. It supports my sluggish awakening. More suited to older people, maybe.
You must be having breakfast much later in the day than me. :p

And that gives a whole new dimension to the concept of blade play. No, I didn't say that... Say it ain't so.
Hmm. I was gonna mention "beat the crap out of. . . " and "beat the snot out of. . ." Ties in strangely with the blade play concept, no? How did the crap and/or snot get on it to begin with?

OK I got a new one.
Pm3... as in para 3, ugh!

I’ve seen this multiple times recently on FS threads and I’m so tempted to just say “yah know, there is no such thing as a pm3. There’s a PARA 3 though.”
I mean, there’s not even an m in para 3??! :mad::mad:

...but there is in “ParaMilitary 3” (Which is the full name of the knife). ;)

...but there is in “ParaMilitary 3” (Which is the full name of the knife). ;)
As far as I'm aware, Para 3 is the official name from Spyderco; no 'military' in there. Even though it came from the Paramilitary 2. I don't know why they made that decision, but Richard seems to be right. Doesn't bother me much though.

Deploy, deployed, deployment...just open your damn knife like a normal person:rolleyes:

Quick Draw McGraw exercised "lightning fast" deployment, be it pistol or knife. But of course he wasn't a normal person.QuickDrawMcGrawFront.jpeg

Back