Overused and/or trite words of the Knife World

I keep my grails like new in the box and only take them out for photos after which I have to wipe off the fingerprints and replace them in their coffins boxes until I have to sell them toward the purchase of another grail which just became available and which will only be taken out of the box for photos so I can sell it later on.

(Sometimes, though, I have to sell them because I've had a bad month of car expenses, (brakes are popular), or having to replace an appliance that just went on the fritz.)

Rinse and repeat.

I don’t get it when people state reason x, y or z for selling their knife. Too much information, seems weird to me.

I don’t get it when people state reason x, y or z for selling their knife. Too much information, seems weird to me.
They think that some folks are falling for the spiel...given for the umpteenth time. :rolleyes:

Sorry I didn't have time to read all of this post, excuse me if its already mentioned:
"Feels good in hand"
"Gentlemen"
"High carbon steel"

What I can’t stand is ambiguous knife steels... like “high carbon German stainless steel” or “Japanese surgical steel”
What...?:eek:
I hate gimmicky lines like that. It’s a sales pitch based on the superiority of one nation’s steel over another, and I hate that it works on folks. Equally hateable are those late night kitchen knife adds that say “made with high carbon Japanese steel! Now we’re not saying it will make you a Samurai, but watch this samurai cut through a watermelon and imagine yourself doing it.”
"EDC Tasks"
It’s a great way to make opening letters seem more important.
tactical has lost all meaning to me on its overuse.
Ugh, tactical. So vague and needlessly militaristic. Reminds me of another sales phrase I hate: “Mil Spec”. The military has specifications on everything, and it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a desirable or high quality product or, in some unfortunate cases, even sufficient for the needs of the end user.

I always find it amusing when knife "reviewers" think they are better at pricing a knife than the actual manufacturer.
It annoys people when they have to buy a new knife every week and it costs few ten bucks more than they imagined they would have paid.

BUILT LIKE A TANK

if its built that way then how fast can it go? can it shoot stuff? have you taken a ride in it?

can I have a ride in it?

Perhaps this was already stated, but I cringe when I read "dent" instead of "detent".

Am I missing something? Is a "dent" a real knife term that doesn't refer to surface damage, as in, "I drank a bottle of whiskey, fell, and dented the scale on my knife"?

Does anyone else hate the term “pocket time”?
yeah if you read back a bit people have been slugging away at that one.
I don't like it because it sounds like "lake time" or "beach time".
In this case it's the mysterious feeling of timelessness that occurs when you're in a pocket, I guess.

Back