Overused and/or trite words of the Knife World

A "Sebbie" ? Come on, I have so many "Opies" and "Laguies" and "Pradies", you're just no match. Although, I could cave in some day for a Sebbie...

OK.... "bush craft blade". Just stop. It's a low saber grind scandi profile. Nice for the woods camping stuff. But for that kind of game, I got (and can find) tons of capable knives. Cough, cough... at very low prices at that. Not dissing makers who specialize in that niche market and I'm the first one to prefer a snazzy knife to a run of the mill object. But the fact is, when I make it out to the hills, I will take the roughest, toughest stuff available in the shed. And if suited, the cheapest. Because it may (and will probably) suffer.

"Overbuilt Folder"

If it folds, it isn't overbuilt. Sorry... bank vault lockup or no... a folder is an underbuilt knife.

LNIB. I once saw a thread listing a knife that was "LNIB, sharpened by so-and-so"...

Sharpened? Then it's nothing "L" "NIB" sport! My car is "Like showroom new", just with a bunch of miles on it.

And what's wrong with "Sebbie"? I think the Sebenza should be officially renamed Sebbie.

haha - all the nick names - it's definitely like a hockey team at a point. Slippie, Sebbie - they all had an assist. Why not Sebz and Medz and Spidie and Bucker? They all put their stick on the puck too!!?

Ha - good fun.

best

mqqn

"Sebenza like". What if I've never had the "Sebbie" experience? *sigh*

"Tactical"
"Chopper"
"Bushcrafter"
"Zombie Slasher"/"Zombie Slayer"
"Super Steel"
"Stainless Steel"
"Micarta"
"G10"
"Titanium"
"Anodized"
"batoning"
Complaints about things like hair wide or less gaps that cannot be seen without a bright light, slightly off center blades, "thick edges", etc. that grand parents and previous generations would not have noticed or cared about. (and yes, their knives from the big high quality makers, even before WW I, had such "defects" (note quotes))
"safe queens"
Some brands. (I won't mention names)
"Mid Tech"
"Which knife for SD?"

I think I better shut up, before I anger/insult/offend more than I have already.

" Feels good in hand ."

Yeah , sure. There's a bunch of other things that feel " good-in-hand" also.

If you only had “one knife”. WTH ?

Is there a knife per person law I’m not aware of? And be it not possible...but, are there actually people who want only one knife?

"Lightswitch" & "push button" when describing a flipper. Does it have a strong detent or not? I could give 2 :poop:'s how you decide to open your knife.
Thickness "BTE (behind the edge)" is becoming a huge thing now. Is it sharp? It's probably gonna cut whatever you need it to cut. :rolleyes:
"Robust" vs. well built. Maybe I'm nitpicking now, but just say it's a well built knife..

Agree on BTE. I also put DPS (degrees per side) in that category, as technically it's called an "included angle." If it's 10 DPS then that would be a 20 degree included angle.

Another one that gets used too much is "fondle." Somebody needs to come up with a better word than fondle to describe fondling a knife.

Agree on BTE. I also put DPS (degrees per side) in that category, as technically it's called an "included angle." If it's 10 DPS then that would be a 20 degree included angle.

Another one that gets used too much is "fondle." Somebody needs to come up with a better word than fondle to describe fondling a knife.

On the Porch the expression would be “coon-finger”. Or is that just for slippies?

Bank vault lockup... Do they realize the knife is locking open, which is pretty opposite to how a bank vault locks.

Zuan or whatever they say for that knife that one dude makes, Reeves.

Back