Overused and/or trite words of the Knife World

@RHINOKNIVES
Makes as much sense as a Fixed blade that has folder capabilities!
He, heee... But there is such a thing !
BfHWL9k.jpg

No, of course. It's still a folder. A solution instead of gripping forward on the blade, I suppose. At least it can't close on your fingers in the folded position.

It's all fun to mock. Actually, I have used almost all those at one time or another.
The one that really begins to grate is "survival knife". It's as stupid as "tactical knife". But hey, marketing does as marketing does.

Those are just...actual materials, dude. Plus anodizing is an actual term...would you prefer them to say "colored titanium"?
Not all on my list are actual materials. Besides, be it actual materials, terms, finish, or process, it still don't change the fact that they're "over used", at least in my opinion, which is what the OP aaked for.

I've gotten along just fine without any of that titanium stuff in my knives (and bicycles) over the last 60 odd years. I don't really care if they call titanium "colored" or "anodized".
Titanium has no place in my knives. No, not even as a "pocket clip", which I also have less than zero use for unless it is attached to a pen or mechanical pencil. :)

Back