Para 3; the best spyderco edc I've ever had.

I know this is a 2 year old thread almost but I'm glad it was bumped because I never saw it. What a great writeup DeadboxHero DeadboxHero . I agree 100%

Here is a pic because threads are better with pics. ;)

pTXYk1H.jpg

Yes, I don't recall ever seeing this thread either. I bought both my PM2 and Para 3 at the same time back in December 2017. Even though I'm not a huge Spyderco lover, my Para 3 is starting to look like I use it, but my PM2 still looks new. Both are great knives, they would just be better with thumb studs and a slimmer blade.:D
yzpFlCF.jpg

Yes, I don't recall ever seeing this thread either. I bought both my PM2 and Para 3 at the same time back in December 2017. Even though I'm not a huge Spyderco lover, my Para 3 is starting to look like I use it, but my PM2 still looks new. Both are great knives, they would just be better with thumb studs and a slimmer blade.:D
yzpFlCF.jpg

If you want a slimmer blade, but like the size of the para 3, look at the sage 5. I prefer the para 3, so much so that I have only carried my sage 2 times, and I think I've only opened an envelope with it once. Think I'm going to get rid of it since I have a para 3 and a para 3 lightweight, and a pm2 on its way. Don't want the sage to just sit unused, someone should get some joy out of it!

Agree on checking out the Sage 5. For me the Para 3 compares much more closely to the Sage 5 than the Delica. Blade shape, handle shape/size, lock, choil... all closer to the Sage than the Delica. Sage 1 as well, but I get it's less popular than the 5.

I know this is a 2 year old thread almost but I'm glad it was bumped because I never saw it. What a great writeup DeadboxHero DeadboxHero . I agree 100%

Here is a pic because threads are better with pics. ;)

pTXYk1H.jpg

I've never seen this thread either, but have to agree. After getting my first Para 3 I don't even really want to buy any more PM2's.
The Para 3 is amazing, especially after swapping out the factory clip, which is actually 100% necessary IMO.

Now the game has been completely changed by the LW. I actually prefer it over the G10 variants and am super excited to see what sprints/exclusives/standard production models we see in the near future. I'm guessing we start seeing them about 6 months from now...... Oh and here are a few pics of my favorite Para 3's I own, because every thread is better with pics.

Untitled by Caleb Bender, on Flickr

Untitled by Caleb Bender, on Flickr

I have a question about the engravings/markings on the DLC blades: are they just unfinished satin, or is it a white colored coating? Never could tell, and I don't own any DLC blades.

I have a question about the engravings/markings on the DLC blades: are they just unfinished satin, or is it a white colored coating? Never could tell, and I don't own any DLC blades.
I really don’t know but I’d bet it’s unfinished satin just etched in threw the DLC. Either way it’s very durable and haven’t seen one were it’s worn out . But it doesn’t mean they don’t exist lol .
All my knives I have or had get light use so the DLC never is a issue nor the etching .

Everyone is entitled to opinions and what works for one, might not work for another.

My PM2 S30V is one of my three EDC's, been this way for a long time. When I want to go smaller and lighter, I choose without any hesitation the Sage 2 Ti. Both are GREAT blades but the Sage 2 Ti liner lock is perhaps the finest smaller blade knife I've ever had.

YMMV. Enjoy what you carry.

I tried it and I didn’t like it. Without choking up on the choil it feels like the handle is too small. When I do use the choil, I find the hump on the blade feels awkward.

Back