"Park Ranger". . . Pics, Specs, and Pricing!. . . Coming Sept. 20, 2017

Is it me or do the delivered knives look totally different from the pictures on the first page of the thread??

In comparing pics side by side on a split screen, the only possible difference I can see is the talon hole at the hilt seems smaller on the initial pics than they do on the knives people just received. Other than that I think it's just angle of the pic.

I actually thought the same thing when it showed up! Blade looked taller in pics initially. Pleasantly surprised at the real thing!

Can't have a stealth logo on a Satin or DC :D :p:p

Certainly look a little different in the hand- The original pics made the blade look taller- Looks like they fit good.

Yeh I really hope your right about that since mine are satin and if they outlined or stealth or anything other than nice and classic it will be a bummer dude moment for me.

I thought there wasn’t as much belly on the pics people have been posting. I’m guessing it was a trick of the photo angle. Anyone measure them and see if they come to 1.3” at the widest part?

Haha well if I knew the park ranger would look like that I would have ordered one!

Just got a UPS tracking notice...it'll be here Tuesday!!! :)

I'm really hoping UPS actually delivers it rather than passing it off to USPS considering the cost of shipping for the blade.

Remember way, way back to O2W part one....
Jerry said they made subtle tweaks to the BG versions so you can't strip one, not etch the logo, and try to pass it off as a stripped CG or LE.

The BG pic at the bottom of page one looks spot on to me.

So after comparing these, I think, based on the satin one, that high saber grind is what makes it look so tall and the coating masks that somewhat -

Glad I'm not the only one who thought they looked different! I originally ordered 3 then decided to cancel as I just didn't like the big belly leading to the tip. Seeing the final product, they look like they have less belly and they really would have been my cup of tea! Oh well...

I just DL all the photos, sized them up, did a 4 square on a wide screen and my summation is - We're all seeing it I think, but there's nothing really there. The very first, satin shot does show it looking like a fat belly with a length to height ratio just a little different.
It takes me back to when I got the Burp- and lots of people said they thought it was short and stubby or fatter looking when it's actually a long thin slicey sexy thing~ This is kind of the same thing I believe. I looked at the DC with grn/blk of Jerry's pics, then the BG with canvas Khanvoy44 posted - from just pics, have to say spot on - I'd like to blame it on drinking but it's not, we're all seeing the same thing - but going back to the burp, I didn't see at all what others were saying and got me to thinking, what if I had misinterpreted this thing and not bought it when I see all this experience saying what they were? .... That's the little things I pay attention to. It made sense I didn't see this, hell I'm still a wet piglet, so I need to be careful.
I originally thought this Park would cave the side of a beer can in before it would poke a hole in it, but I didn't care, I was getting one anyway because an inch longer blade and handle than my R3 which for me, and don't mean anything negative about it, it's a keychain dangler sort of - but it's pretty :D

Last edited:
Does indeed look like more of a pointed profile with less belly, I like what I'm seeing in the posted member pics better.

I'll have to agree with Leonardo63, although what I did was less scientific. I just pulled up a couple member pics on my phone, laid my phone flat in my hand, then looked at the blade with tip facing me and my eyes almost level with the screen.

Sure enough! From that perspective even the member pics make it look WAY more belly-ish, just like the official Busse pics. Look at the same pic face on and looks like way less belly (which I prefer).

I even commented somewhere early on that I thought these had too much belly. Ordered anyway, but then canceled because I couldn't get over the belly. Now I regret it seeing different pics.

So in my humble and respectful opinion, it would sure be great if Busse could post some pics in the future that better represent the end product, pretty please! :) I'm sure they sold out anyway, but the misleading pic lost them my money on 3 of these!

Remember way, way back to O2W part one....
Jerry said they made subtle tweaks to the BG versions so you can't strip one, not etch the logo, and try to pass it off as a stripped CG or LE.

The BG pic at the bottom of page one looks spot on to me.

Well that sucks, but the easist way to tell if it's infi or sr101 is take some acetone and wipe down the bare steel to remove any oil or rust inhibitors you might have on the blade, rub your finger on your nose or somewhere sweaty and press it against the blade. If it rusts in .00001 seconds it's sr101, if nothing happens it's infi :D

Back