"Park Ranger". . . Pics, Specs, and Pricing!. . . Coming Sept. 20, 2017

I like it. I wish it didn't have a choil, but I like it.
I am just glad that we have a small bladed option without having 1" of wasted real estate on a 3.5"-4" bladed knife due to a full size choil.

I can easily deal with what amounts to a sharpening notch.

I'm really loving this design the more I look at it. The blade shape calls to me, I think because it has lines very similar to the Fusion Battle Mistress (especially the grinds on the spine of the blade). Because of that, I think the name should be the Busse Skirmish Mistress since it's kind of like a smaller Battle Mistress. Thoughts?
If that was the case, folks might not view this knife as a stand alone or next pattern.
That being said, similarities do exist.

I am just glad that we have a small bladed option without having 1" of wasted real estate on a 3.5"-4" bladed knife due to a full size choil.

I can easily deal with what amounts to a sharpening notch.

I like that it looks like I can push with my thumb on the spine have edge underneath it rather than choil. Knives like that bug me.

I'd love to see a top down pic of the scales to get an idea for how thick they are.
This and an in hand shot are always called for...
Take the Trail Scalpel for example; How many folks were absolutely taken by surprise once they had that knife in hand?
Those slabs were a perfect example as to why they should show those two angles.

I agree ^ I've been looking at it all day and looking at this CS R3 I have and wondering about the size a lot. This r3 is almost keychain sized but I'm fine with the blade I'm just curious on the handle and how much larger it is. It appears to be longer I think.
Also curious if anyone has taken that DC finish as is to the polisher?

I dint know what I Love more, all that Bellly or the Handle Shape lol not to mention the tiny choil instead of a full size one, makes it Perfect lol BIG & Black Canvas for a user and Satin & Tan & Black G10 for the Safe lol

I agree ^ I've been looking at it all day and looking at this CS R3 I have and wondering about the size a lot. This r3 is almost keychain sized but I'm fine with the blade I'm just curious on the handle and how much larger it is. It appears to be longer I think.
Also curious if anyone has taken that DC finish as is to the polisher?
Measures the R3 from tip of the scales to tang end.
The PR is 4.4" handle length with an 8.4" OAL.

Having both bits of info should put you closer to making an informed decision, that being said, it is a new pattern... Of course you need it.

Measures the R3 from tip of the scales to tang end.
The PR is 4.4" handle length with an 8.4" OAL.

Having both bits of info should put you closer to making an informed decision, that being said, it is a new pattern... Of course you need it.
Cool- I forgot that was up there. So for reference, this rodent 3, the scales are 3.5 and the tang sticks out a little beyond that. I put OAL about 6 7/8" ` I think the PR will fit nicely! and of course I'm in....;)
Oh, and sporting another bandaid - Wife saw it and smirked "playin with those knives again I see" then kind of chuckled~

Just got the email...

What's the difference between the DC finish I have on my Boss Jack and this "BIG DC" finish? Is plain jane, bare bones, uncoated, competition finish still not offered? I usually order a spec-ops sheath offered with the bigger blades but this would be my first small Busse. Is a sheath offered or will I need to get one made? Thanks!

The true DCBB is first finished to a satin, then grit blasted. Jerry points out that with this BIG DC one can still see some light machine mark imperfection under the DC.
CF is still not offered.
I don't see anything about a sheath offer.

The true DCBB is first finished to a satin, then grit blasted. Jerry points out that with this BIG DC one can still see some light machine mark imperfection under the DC.
CF is still not offered.
I don't see anything about a sheath offer.

Thanks for that. Do you (or anyone else) know if they still do the 3 months of payments as an option? If so, how do you indicate that's what you want to do when ordering?

Thanks

Man this is so great! Looks like some great options quite a few of us have been begging for! Something for everyone including myself! In!!! :);):D

Pulled out my Anorexic Basic 4 LE today and did some measuring. Wow, the PR is going to be amazingly close to the same size in all dimensions to the B4!!! :eek: :cool:

B4 = 0.155" thick, 4.25" blade @ 1.4" tall, and 9.125" OAL. Full height flat grind, blended zero edge.
PR = 0.145" thick, 4" blade @ 1.3" tall, and 8.4" OAL. High saber grind with v-edge.

For those of us that are fans of the Anorexic B4 LE, these Park Rangers should be a huge homerun as well! :D :thumbsup: (Hear that Andy? ;))

Back