Photos Patina thread

I call this one the “best-I-can-do-after-daughter-spilled-soda-on-it-and-left-it-neglected-in-her-room-for-months” patina:
vanZnwl.jpg

Due to my daily fruit intake I've been able to build up a fairly nice patina on the primary blades of my two GEC's, but on the secondary blades not so much. Well, yesterday evening while enjoying my customary after dinner whiskey I decided to put a forced patina on the latter, and I'm rather pleased with the results. They came out exactly as I had hoped, and I'm really diggin' the contrast of having one blade natural and one with a design. Certainly it's not for everyone, but luckily it only has to make one guy happy ;), and it succeeded in that .

IOeMz9E.jpg

cMfoDon.jpg

Due to my daily fruit intake I've been able to build up a fairly nice patina on the primary blades of my two GEC's, but on the secondary blades not so much. Well, yesterday evening while enjoying my customary after dinner whiskey I decided to put a forced patina on the latter, and I'm rather pleased with the results. They came out exactly as I had hoped, and I'm really diggin' the contrast of having one blade natural and one with a design. Certainly it's not for everyone, but luckily it only has to make one guy happy ;), and it succeeded in that .

IOeMz9E.jpg

cMfoDon.jpg

That came out very nice!
What method did you use?

That came out very nice!
What method did you use?

Thanks! I used mustard with a little bit of apple cider vinegar and the juice of an orange squeezed in. Then I applied the dots alternating with a toothpick and a q-tip stick with the cotton swap part ripped off. I applied one coat, waited 20 minutes, rinsed it off, then repeated with a second coat and waited another 20 before rinsing again. There's a good YouTube video of the process with a guy applying it to an Opinel.

Back