Photos Patina thread

48542834036_5318b6ee2e_o_d.jpg

I forced a patina on this Case CV Sowbelly this morning with cider vinegar and a paper towel. Although it looks a bit heavy, it will soon fade out to a nice even gray with use. I'll be carring this knife daily (along with at least one other knife) so it shouldn't take long for it to fade out.

A9MJIa2.jpg

Here is the same knife prior to my putting a patina on it. The difference in the color of the covers picture to picture is the lighting in which the knives were photographed. The true color of the covers is that of the one with the patina.

ihR7t1G.jpg

I forced a patina on this Case CV Sowbelly this morning with cider vinegar and a paper towel. Although it looks a bit heavy, it will soon fade out to a nice even gray with use. I'll be carring this knife daily (along with at least one other knife) so it shouldn't take long for it to fade out.

A9MJIa2.jpg

Here is the same knife prior to my putting a patina on it. The difference in the color of the covers picture to picture is the lighting in which the knives were photographed. The true color of the covers is that of the one with the patina.

ihR7t1G.jpg
I did the vinegar once and overdid it. That Case looks great!

I’ve carried this continuously since I got it. Not sure how long ago but a couple months or more probably. It’s used fairly lightly as I don’t want to wear it down too much but it has developed patina from cutting apples and everyday handling.

It had been lightly buffed before I got it, probably done many years ago, so I feel that it’s only right to get it stained again. Great little old schrade. If it had a sheepsfoot instead of the spey it’d be nearly perfect (which they did make), but I am very happy with it as is. When it comes to old knives long out of production I am happy to get what I get.

B87D91FD-EBC8-4A7B-9008-332B67A00DCA.jpeg 59F3BB44-FC15-4DFE-BE60-EDD72F592AED.jpeg

Back