Pay it Forward - The Remake: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd love those! How generous. A paraframe was my first good knife.

Email me at editor@boardmancamera.com. Thanks again!

How about these Gerbers? They are all used but have plenty of life left in them. I would love to give him all 3 if he wants them.

3gerbers_zpsd24e3d6c.jpg

Received the CRKT Crawford Kasper today from velo-ct. Thank you sir. I do believe my son in-law will love it. Especially when he ships out to Alaska next year after is DS time is up at Ft. Benning.

I'll take the Frost that is just above the Schrade (black, no serrations) for a friend (a Boy Scout that doesn't have a knife but needs one) if no one else wants it. I don't have anything else to pay forward, so it is up to you. My email is editor@boardmancamera.com.

I sent a pic of the otherone to your email...will be from Bill793 at gmail.

ETA: I just saw your reply to Mauser..disregard :)

Cool thanks.

Also,I mailed out packages to jjoanty and worldwood. Hope you guys enjoy them!

Tomorrow I'll be posting more knives and gear. Glad to see everyone having a great time here. Gotta love the camaraderie.

Egnar got the Shuffle yesterday! It's an awesome little blade! I love it! Thank you!

My future son in law just showed me the "awesome" knife he just acquired.
Can I get a half way decent folder for him? This thing is horrible!!!

I have a Journeys Edge "Swiss Everything Tool" (Chinese SAK) to offer up.

Victorinox is definitely an upgrade over this one, but not a world of difference.

My uncle gave me this some years back and I've managed to get by using this and a Chinese multi tool (still using that one) to make every "Bush Project" that I came up with during my teenage years (22 now). From self bows to knocking homemade arrows, you name it, this little tool has been the bomb for me over the years (mostly the saw) and if it served me well then I know it can do you right as well.

The only thing you'll miss over victorinox with this one is edge retention on the knife blade (duh, it's a Chinese SAK) and the Saw is about 3 teeth shorter (as well as thicker), also I don't think that the can opener was placed in the correct position to work correctly (don't know never tried it).

Also, the batteries in the LED light are dead, that can be replaced and they lasted me a VERY long time. A few years of short uses at a time.

All that said, this thing (while being heavier) carries more tools than any Victorinox in its size range could ever dream of (Google it) and they're all of good quality.

If you don't have a SAK and want one aimed at camping chores, take it.

ill take it, never owned one before!

I have a Journeys Edge "Swiss Everything Tool" (Chinese SAK) to offer up.

Victorinox is definitely an upgrade over this one, but not a world of difference.

My uncle gave me this some years back and I've managed to get by using this and a Chinese multi tool (still using that one) to make every "Bush Project" that I came up with during my teenage years (22 now). From self bows to knocking homemade arrows, you name it, this little tool has been the bomb for me over the years (mostly the saw) and if it served me well then I know it can do you right as well.

The only thing you'll miss over victorinox with this one is edge retention on the knife blade (duh, it's a Chinese SAK) and the knife blade and the Saw is about 3 teeth shorter (as well as thicker), also I don't think that the can opener was placed in the correct position to work correctly (don't know never tried it).

Also, the batteries in the LED light are dead, that can be replaced and they lasted me a VERY long time. A few years of short uses at a time.

All that said, this thing (while being heavier) carries more tools than any Victorinox in its size range could ever dream of (Google it) and they're all of good quality.

If you don't have a SAK and want one aimed at camping chores, take it.

A big thankyou to Lionesser- my orange RAT has arrived on friday (it arrived on thursday but I was at work so had to collect it at PO before work). It has both cheered me up (and I needed that after thursday's events) and what's more, after reading many a raving review of the RAT it still managed to pleasantly surprise me. I really, really like that knife (she even managed to bite me the first evening- as I was testing her on a bit of smoked boar & pork sausage), and I think I'm about to fall in love with it. :D Everything about it feels just about right, and the fact that it landed in my pocket as an act of kindness from the stranger makes it even more special...

A big thanks Lionesser, and thanks to all the kind folks who have fuelled many 'incarnations' of the PIF thread with their generosity! This is really a special place, and PIF threads make it even more special. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back