Pic and Discussion - Have you modified your knife? What did you do?

lBUOXn9.jpg

I reshaped the end on my Kizer Guru flipper and took the blade to 15 degrees per side. The extra length wasn't needed and made it stick out of my pocket too high. Still wish this was the thumbstud version but it's the only one that was available on mass drop when they had them on a crazy sale several years ago.
did the exact same thing to mine

Hi there, Teak wood, very hard and dense stuff = love it! And the coin is our Slovak version of 1 Euro cent :) Thank you
Love it! I would talk to R&D, might try this wood on our knives someday.;) The coin looks nice, putting a coin on it is a good idea! love to see more mod from you, thank you and take care!

Alright...the masses have spoken. :)
I think its in poor taste. But to each their own. :)
Thanks for letting me post my opinion Kizer Cutlery Kizer Cutlery .
Catch ya’ll in other threads.

Keep ‘em Sharp
Thank you for letting me know your thought! Feel free to chat! Different opinions always come out with a good result! That's what discussion means! Take care and stay safe.

Alright...the masses have spoken. :)
I think its in poor taste. But to each their own. :)
Thanks for letting me post my opinion Kizer Cutlery Kizer Cutlery .
Catch ya’ll in other threads.

Keep ‘em Sharp
Thank you for letting me know your thought! Feel free to chat! Different opinions always come out with a good result! That's what discussion means! Take care and stay safe.

The butt end of this knife bothered me (literally, because I tend to rest my hand over the end of my knife , and it was the discomfort that this one caused that made me aware of it).
sagDNKb.jpg

So I did this to it
sy07Oov.jpg
Looks more comfortable this way! Nice work, man!

I've never dyed knife scales before but I've seen people do it. I've seen some pretty cool results. If I found a knife I really liked in a neutral color, I'd be open to trying it.
Thanks for the reply! Take care and stay safe. :)

Ordered! Also here are some Kizer mods.

The BladeHQ exclusive Kizer Gemini...
Mods: Flipper tab reshapen & jimping, finger landing zone chamfers, a light sanding on the carbon fiber slab corners, a small detent ramp on the tang & a sharpening choil.
QDJcSkz.jpg

jfwFUB1.jpg

hlBAEst.jpg

The Kizer T1
Mods: Blasted handle, ano backspacer & clip & small detent ramp on the tang.
YRlsCE0.jpg

wVCLzGw.jpg
They all looks nice! Would that flipper tab jimping too sharp? It looks sharp

I think I void the warranty on just about all of my knives, mostly to make it my own, but also sometimes there is just something I'd like to change. I've been making a ton of micarta scales lately because I have a big chunk of micartaView attachment 1337829 View attachment 1337830
Nice micarta! Did you change the pocket clip to a very deep carry one? Looks cool!

lBUOXn9.jpg

I reshaped the end on my Kizer Guru flipper and took the blade to 15 degrees per side. The extra length wasn't needed and made it stick out of my pocket too high. Still wish this was the thumbstud version but it's the only one that was available on mass drop when they had them on a crazy sale several years ago.
I think you can add a thumb stud on it, but have to care about the position. ;)

Since there seem to be a lot of modding, i want to ask about knife sharpening choil..

Im pretty new to knives and i see youtube videos on how certain knives have “missed the sharpening choil”. What is the purpose of this? If you cant sharpen all the way to the handle, why would having a half-circle cutout be better than just simply having unsharpened portion? Is this purely an aesthetic thing??

Since there seem to be a lot of modding, i want to ask about knife sharpening choil..

Im pretty new to knives and i see youtube videos on how certain knives have “missed the sharpening choil”. What is the purpose of this? If you cant sharpen all the way to the handle, why would having a half-circle cutout be better than just simply having unsharpened portion? Is this purely an aesthetic thing??

Having the edge go from sharp to blunt near the heel would seem messy. It's sort of like when the heel smiles up. I'd much rather have a nice clean choil and an even grind.

Back