Pick your favorite three Cold Steel products that you own...

Well, as for my top two favorites, they're sort of Cold Steel products. At least they started out as Cold Steel products .

irDYAMv.jpg

As for my third favorite, and my favorite "stock" Cold Steel product, that's easy, the Ti-Lite 6. Also my ALL TIME favorite production knife. Heck, aside from the first two knives pictured, the T6 is my ALL-TIME favorite knife period. I own two others besides the top two, but actually, they're no longer "stock" either.

Thank you Lynn Thompson, and whomever else may have been involved in designing the T6 and making it a reality. In my opinion, it's the greatest folding stiletto ever produced for sale. There is nothing else like it on Earth (that I can find) :thumbsup:.

And if new Cold Steel wants to earn my admiration, they'll produce a Ti-Lite 6 of equal quality with a full flat ground blade ( no serrations, satin finish). One can hope 😁.

NC6r7oE.jpg

Last edited:
Well, as for my top two favorites, they're sort of Cold Steel products. At least they started out as Cold Steel products .

irDYAMv.jpg

As for my third favorite, and my favorite "stock" Cold Steel product, that's easy, the Ti-Lite 6. Also my ALL TIME favorite production knife. Heck, aside from the first two knives pictured, the T6 is my ALL-TIME favorite knife period. I own two others besides the top two, but actually, they're no longer "stock" either.

Thank you Lynn Thompson, and whomever else may have been involved in designing the T6 and making it a reality. In my opinion, it's the greatest folding stiletto ever produced for sale. There is nothing else like it on Earth (that I can find) :thumbsup:.

And if new Cold Steel wants to earn my admiration, they'll produce a Ti-Lite 6 of equal quality with a full flat ground blade ( no serrations, satin finish). One can hope 😁.

NC6r7oE.jpg

S35VN Large Espada blade swapped into AUS10 Large Espada scales, 3V Magnum Tanto 9" (great, lightweight trail companion), and the Air Lite (perfect size for EDC, keeps an edge well enough, stupid easy to sharpen, and cheap enough that it can be given as a gift).

Thanks Brother! I think you’re my biggest fan. There’s just too many great knives to be limited to three.
maybe not the biggest, but a true fan of your work. you've done some great designs for all of us. we or least I really appreciate that ya come here and participate. means a whole lot.

true. its really too hard to pick only three.

The great thing is, since this is just a fun type of a thread, nothing is set in stone with our choices 😊

These three may be your choices today, and maybe these other three may be your choices tomorrow.

So little space, money, and time... otherwise, I'd simply have them all 👍😁👍

I have and use a bunch of Cold Steel models. I love them all.

But to be honest, I use the Tuff Lite more than any of the others.

My son even made a comment on it today while we were working on the farm, and noticed me using it.

He said, "Wow Dad, you finally got a practical knife".
😆😁😅

I'm more of a user than a collector so, in no particular order:

AD-10
4-Max Scout (My "real" 4-Maxs are Safe Queens - go figure.)
It's as tie between the Drop Forged Hunter and the Master Hunter.

Because it's limited to three (even though I cheated with the fixed blade "tie") I would be remiss if I did not give honorable mention to some Cold Steel knives that I actually carry and use more than my favorite three above.

The Recon 1 - actually all three of them, the clip, the spear and the tanto (combo edge) get more carry time than the 4-Max Scout or the fixed blades combined.

The Large Voyager is my go-to beater. I have a couple back-ups ... all in AUS-8. I love the ergos and texture of the handles and it's a beater/loaner that just won't quit. I like the AD-10 better but don't loan it; I have no reservations about handing the AUS-8 large Voyager to someone. There's a comfort factor benefit to that. It's inexpensive and easy to touch up the edge.

I have two SRKs; great knives. I really like 3V but I use the SK-5 version more frequently ... go figure.

Last edited:
My skimming through posts on this forum, I clicked onto this title post I had previously started here.
Well, I think I have to adjust my original list of my favorite three CS products that I own.
Actually, I only have to change one, the Trail Master VG-1 San Mai III made in Japan now replaces the 1917 Frontier Bowie on the list. The Frontier Bowie still has some cool factor, for sure... But, the Japanese made TM in San Mai, with it's nifty convexed blade shape and cutting edge, pushed the Frontier down the list a bit. Actually, my Laredo in O1 and Tai Pan in San Mai, are now also ahead of the Frontier Bowie on my list of favorites.
That's what happened when I added in some new CS items into the mix 😁

The Cinquedea and XL Espada remain on my list of favorite 3 Cold Steel products that I own 👍

One will also notice that three different countries of origin are represented here...

Japan for the Trail Master

India for the Cinquedea

Taiwan for the XL Espada

Well, there is a fourth shown in the photos above...

Italy for the Charm (tiny folding knife)

Last edited:
Back