Picked up a 110 slim pro

We changed the position on the 110 only. We moved it 1/4" farther away from the pivot. Running change so only be a visual cue.

Jeff
That would concern me as to it getting in the way while in use. I have had knives in the past which caused me to not be a fan of thumbstuds because they got in the way when cutting deep. Admittedly though they were 3" or shorter blades so hopefully with the large blade on the 110 it won't be obtrusive.

That would concern me as to it getting in the way while in use. I have had knives in the past which caused me to not be a fan of thumbstuds because they got in the way when cutting deep. Admittedly though they were 3" or shorter blades so hopefully with the large blade on the 110 it won't be obtrusive.

Seems like your right. People were only having issues with the thumb studs on the 110s.As far as getting in the way, hopefully they found a good compromise between ease of access and not putting it in the middle of the blade.:D:D On the upside Buck listened to all the people modding their slim handles to get to the stud.

Seems like your right. People were only having issues with the thumb studs on the 110s.As far as getting in the way, hopefully they found a good compromise between ease of access and not putting it in the middle of the blade.:D:D On the upside Buck listened to all the people modding their slim handles to get to the stud.
Ya, when I spoke to CJ at the Blade show and showed him what I first did he said they were moving the thumbstud.

Ya, when I spoke to CJ at the Blade show and showed him what I first did he said they were moving the thumbstud.

I can imagine all the research and development that goes into a new knife. Nobody spoke up and said "hey this thumb stud is a little close"? That's gotta be a pain to change something like that after production is established.

Did CJ say anything else about the placement?

Well that's kinda the only direction they could go, it's already against the spine.

I havent got to handle one yet so idk. We don't really have any brick and motar stores where I can go fiddle.:D I just think this is something that could of been prevented but I'm a asshat what do I know.

prefer the current location on the 110 slims due to use of full blade....a pic of how further out can limit blade use.....thumb disk on this one...make opening easy but using lose a half inch or so......I know it ain't a slim.in the pic but shows location matters.....
20190802_185333.jpg
havent noticed the slims being an issue of opening easily for myself. hopefully moving thumbstud out isnt too far.......

At least the stud sits proud of the scales and is easy to engage. With a bum thumb I like the current position. I'm anxious to try the new location, guess I'll just have to head to Buck in the morning.:thumbsup:

At least the stud sits proud of the scales and is easy to engage. With a bum thumb I like the current position. I'm anxious to try the new location, guess I'll just have to head to Buck in the morning.:thumbsup:

If you pick one up put up a side by side shot for us. Just out of curiosity if like to see the difference. Thanks mike

I haven't noticed a problem with my 110 Slim Select. Looking at it, if they move the stud out at all it will begin to interfere with the cutting edge of the blade. A thumb notch in the handle like some of y'all were doing would be a better solution in IMO, although from my perspective its a non-problem.

I'd rather have that version and get a cheap bolt on thumb stud. Put it where I want and take it off to sharpen.

I'd rather have that version and get a cheap bolt on thumb stud. Put it where I want and take it off to sharpen.
I'd kinda like access here stateside to both versions. one of each like Mak has now....:)

Ya would think both would be available here, unless they just dont want to deal with the additional inventory.
good point. i wasnt thinking about inventory......

Back