Picture Thread

Played around with an older lens that I have last night. These were taken with my Nikon camera, with a old Nikkor 55mm f1.2 manual focus lens.

EGlKZkS.jpg

QvXB8OL.jpg

Y6XA5cp.jpg

I found these two interesting. I wanted to compare a very very low light shot taken with my iPhone and my Nikon and the 1970 Nikkor 55mm f1.2 lens.

Here is the iPhone picture. The phone automatically utilized “Dark Mode” to enhance the photo. No flash.
ZbaGOb0.jpg

Here is the photo with the Nikkor lens, opened up to f1.2. Again, no flash.
9IbnRh4.jpg

In my eyes, two very different pictures. Although it is very impressive how the iPhone handled the picture, I still think I prefer the look of the photo taken with my actual camera.

Isbthat
I found these two interesting. I wanted to compare a very very low light shot taken with my iPhone and my Nikon and the 1970 Nikkor 55mm f1.2 lens.

Here is the iPhone picture. The phone automatically utilized “Dark Mode” to enhance the photo. No flash.
ZbaGOb0.jpg

Here is the photo with the Nikkor lens, opened up to f1.2. Again, no flash.
9IbnRh4.jpg

In my eyes, two very different pictures. Although it is very impressive how the iPhone handled the picture, I still think I prefer the look of the photo taken with my actual camera.
Is that the one for a sheath on my bench ?

Good mri came back yesterday break is 4yrs old so I'm good to lift and be active. Just took a new job so schedule is way more off time. After I figure out my new job. Your sheath is number 1 followed by five wallets. It should be done in time to ship tomorrow.

That’s good news on the MRI, and congrats on the new job!

Put a light acid wash on the new Rule last night and then used it for breakfast this morning (no pics of the latter). I like how the acid wash turned out, pretty close to a stonewash look. I used diluted distilled vinegar and a green scuff pad to rub it around as it dried on the blade and then washed thoroughly with soap and water, followed by mineral oil.

Before
Xq7i6eyl.jpg

After
KSItYo9l.jpg

aMk3josl.jpg

I love the copper pins with the burlap micarta.

I may do the same finish on the FFG bushcamp I have for sale.

On my Maple Burl and Lacewood handles, I applied the Tru-Oil, then buffed them after several coats. Should I do the same with this one? I know it will change the appearance of the wood...

1D22A18D-C4BD-45B4-B2C4-25A9C0EF74F0.png

This is the book that features the Kane Model that was carried by the main character. The book even mentions me as being the maker.

Back