1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Picture Thread

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Jan 10, 2009.

1. f1addict

f1addict Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2017
    My Improved Bowie just came in, and my wife immediately put it to use tonight. What an amazing knife! Thank you John!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JK Knives and jds1 like this.
  2. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    Is there a patina pic of that sheath

f1addict likes this.
  3. f1addict

Feb 10, 2017
    It’s coming along quite nicely!! I love this sheath!! Thank you again.

[​IMG]

rpdur, Simplejack and JK Knives like this.
  4. f1addict

Feb 10, 2017
    [​IMG]

Simplejack, rpdur and JK Knives like this.
  5. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    Had some help today doing some tarp shelter building with the Hudson Bay. Works great as a draw knife to take off bark pretty quickly and it cleans up the knots to smooth things out nicely for a good log to work with. Hoping to get it lashed on and tarped over tomorrow as I ran out light once the helper decided it was time for a break.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    Finished, for now at least. Must bigger spot of rain coverage in the "playhouse".

[​IMG]

Toggle tie-down for the entry side.
    [​IMG]

There's still a gap in the ceiling because of how I laid the 2-tarps out but on dry days it's nice to be able to see out some when we're mostly after wind protection while "hiding" from Mom.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Looks like a fun time with your son!

f1addict and bikerector like this.
  8. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    The hours we spent dragging wood around all summer, cutting, sawing, and tying has been a blast. He certainly makes it a longer process and drags you away to play something else but it was all good times while still getting to practice some shelter construction techniques. And, it's quite a unique thing to see in the backyard of a suburban home, so I'm pretty happy about that.

9. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    Where did you get that rack for cutting logs? I like that design.

Jeff

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  10. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    Pretty sure it was from Amazon but may have been an ebay purchase. I was looking itbver and there's not as mich rusf on it as there should be since it has been outside, in that spot, for over year, maybe 2.

I think this might be the one.
    https://www.amazon.com/Timber-Tuff-...nd+for+sawing+firewood&qid=1606420963&sr=8-16

11. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
  12. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    Quite simple. Dozen bolts and screws or so. The tricky part is the metal is a bit sharp as it's roughly finished from sheet metal. It's surprisingly sturdy while not weighing a ton. It works a lot better than the wood one I had used prior that I made. The metal teeth help a lot when going to town with the big crosscut.

[​IMG]

greatscoot likes this.
  13. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    Thanks again, I think I’ll try one!

Jeff

bikerector likes this.
  14. greatscoot

greatscoot Would you like a Fresca? Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Dark Brown burlap is my new favorite.

f1addict likes this.
  15. Chrissc698

Chrissc698

Feb 2, 2017
    It was a hard decision, but I ended up going with black micarta. Looks great in pictures after the blade gets some use.

f1addict likes this.
  16. f1addict

Feb 10, 2017
    Carrying my Bluegill and Friction Folder today.

[​IMG]

17. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    The Friction Folder looks huge next to the Bluegill.

f1addict likes this.
  18. f1addict

Feb 10, 2017
    You guys have been following along in this thread with my “Bluegill / Lemon tree” story. I believe the lemon is just about ready to pick!

[​IMG]

Bootaka, cbach8tw, Simplejack and 2 others like this.
  19. f1addict

Feb 10, 2017
    [​IMG]

Bootaka, rpdur, cbach8tw and 2 others like this.
  20. Bootaka

Bootaka

Oct 19, 2020