Picture Thread

I received my Puuko from John yesterday. Over the last year of purchasing knives from John, there are SO MANY things I like about all of them. However, my Bluegill with Maple Burl, red liners and brass pins has been a real stand out for me. The Maple Burl, after applying Tru-Oil and then buffing, is absolutely gorgeous. If I’m using it around someone, it never fails to draw a comment out of them.

So when I ordered the Puuko, I again went with Maple Burl, red liners and brass pins. Make it sort of a “big brother” to my Bluegill. When I unboxed it last night, my wife and I were both stunned. It is a beautiful knife! But we both had forgotten what the handle on the Bluegill looked like when it first arrived. Here are pictures of the Puuko and Bluegill together. I put the first coat of oil on it last night (after these pictures), and a second coat this morning. After a third coat from tonight dries, I’ll buff it Sunday and post pictures of it again.

Really looking forward to my time with this knife! Thanks again John for the outstanding work and craftsmanship!

RjddAs7.jpg

gzWnTCp.jpg

IMG_0389.JPG

My elusive Jk I won in the giveaway, really do need a better pic of it. It and the friction folder above will get some dirt time, or play time in warmer weather. The knife above has what I consider a scandivex edge by John, please correct me if I am wrong John.

The new Puuko got a workout yesterday. Alma had a branch from a Madrone tree (broken from the winter storm) that she wanted to shave the bark, sand and stain to use as a decoration in the house. The Puuko made quick work of it. It is very balanced, and we both liked how much control you have with the tip of the blade, especially in the tight crevices of the branch.

eatuUF5.jpg

The new Puuko got a workout yesterday. Alma had a branch from a Madrone tree (broken from the winter storm) that she wanted to shave the bark, sand and stain to use as a decoration in the house. The Puuko made quick work of it. It is very balanced, and we both liked how much control you have with the tip of the blade, especially in the tight crevices of the branch.

eatuUF5.jpg
Add this pic to the jk thread I have on bushcraft usa

Back