Pix and six blems for 6/3

Congrats Bob... you are right about the curvature of the blade. It is very unique and sexy looking, good snag.

My Tirtha bowie has the beer mug and is as mobile as it is sharp! Just got my everest katana from the other day and it is a BEAST! I love it!

OK,,,, I admit and confess.
I am the stealth shark as of recent DOTDs.
It had been while since I hit the forums. I did so and I pulled the trigger on a Tarwar a few weeks back. We all know how bad the virus can get.... I thought I was in remission too, damn. So a Tarwar, a short Tibetan sword, an Everest Katana, a 25" Sirupati, a M43 and damned if I didn't get another Everest Katana too but admittedly for my son. So I guess I would say I have re-upp'd?? Wanted an Everest forever,,, the mind blower for me is the Tarwar. Definitely one of the H.I. flagship monsters, I love it. The M43 I am going to let get patina'd and use heavily as a chopper.
Yo Ndawg! Berries looking good brother,, your sirupati pic lit my fuse for the 25"

cheers Mopar, as I may have won the battle the other day, you sir are winning the war!

pics to follow soon

Well I'm glad you came up from the deep and outed yourself.

There's no shame in being a shark but being a stealth shark is kind of steppin on the line.

All that being said, I'm happy for you on what you acquired, your a lucky sneaky shark. Sorry you fell off from the wagon and the whole remission deal is plumb out the winda.

I'll try to sooth and ease mopars pains some. He's made some marvelous scores too. ALOT! So his pain shouldn't be too bad or long lasting neither.

Bawanna! Good day to you sir... looks like you shark'd some today as well. You are a pillar in this community, thanks for the welcome back.
Remission is just a state of mind (and money!) when it comes to my HI collecting. Serious great deals lately.

I. AM. BACK.

oh yeah, Auntie rules. She has been very helpful in these last few weeks.

Well now I don't know nothing about that pillar stuff but I do agree Auntie rules and she's just the bestest.

Glad your back.

OK,,,, I admit and confess.
I am the stealth shark as of recent DOTDs.
It had been while since I hit the forums. I did so and I pulled the trigger on a Tarwar a few weeks back. We all know how bad the virus can get.... I thought I was in remission too, damn. So a Tarwar, a short Tibetan sword, an Everest Katana, a 25" Sirupati, a M43 and damned if I didn't get another Everest Katana too but admittedly for my son. So I guess I would say I have re-upp'd?? Wanted an Everest forever,,, the mind blower for me is the Tarwar. Definitely one of the H.I. flagship monsters, I love it. The M43 I am going to let get patina'd and use heavily as a chopper.
Yo Ndawg! Berries looking good brother,, your sirupati pic lit my fuse for the 25"

cheers Mopar, as I may have won the battle the other day, you sir are winning the war!

pics to follow soon

Dmc! You didnt fool me for a minute dude! I been watchin you! I saw you swimmin down there on the murky bottom with them ramoras giving you away! I was going to PM you but I didnt want to blow your cover because I knew you were about to do some of that surface breaching for the big one. It all comes together now! Glad your back in the clear open waters again! Grats on them fine swords! Glad I could inspire you an the 25" Siru. That is one blade everyone should own. Let me know if you want a bottle of that blackberry wine. I think ill end up with three and a half cases of it! Dont be a stranger bro. Missed your good company!

Grats DMcIntyrelee, that's a great score! I love the curve of that blade - much more pronounced than on most of these I've seen. I have been trying really hard to recover from my bad case of HIKV - I joined this forum and bought my first HI khukuri in May of last year, and I caught such a bad case that I now have somewhere in excess of 50 HI blades. I really need to figure out a good way to display them, instead of just being in a big pile on my coffee table and scattered around the rest of the house. I've been trying really hard to resist buying more just because they are different - that would end up completely emptying my bank account since every one is unique in some way! But that katana was different enough that I was able to rationalize going for it. With any luck maybe another similar one will come along.

Thank MBOB,... I knew you had eyes on that one. I was lucky enough to get the last Katana offered as well and it has an even more defined curve in the blade. I pretty much had a wicked flare up of HIKV. Bad one. :) Kumar's sirupati is a thing of beauty, the karda is really nice and looks like a smaller kumar karda (I guess that's exactly what it is though!) both he chakma and karda are especially nice. Ironically I was looking for a Katana with a more straight blade so maybe I will ponder trading one of these down the road for a straighter one.... maybe an idea for ya? Those Katanas are pretty darned special... they just sit a little different then the other swords. I should see that one and Thamar's M43 from the forgotten knives post this saturday, I have a small grove of bamboo in my backyard awaiting the chop down.
50 HI Blades??!!! Holy smokes! thanks for making me feel better! :)

I'm new to the HI forum, so bear with me here a little, please :p Since I'm new, you can probably imagine I'm about to pull the trigger on my first blade from HI. Would this Gopte be a good starting point? I was thinking a WWII or AK, but at this price for a blade that appears extremely similar... Am I crazy for considering this? Thanks for the help!

BIK-The Gopte would make a fine first blade, but I think this one is likely gone. E-mail Yangdu though and she can tell you what she has available. Her e-mail addy is: himimp@aol.com. Good luck.

Hello BackInKentucky. Welcome to the Forum & HIKV.

Since I don't have a Ghopte or a khuk from this kami, I couldn't give a recommendation. If you're thinkin' about WWII or AK, that Ghopte looks in the same league. (The WWII is more sleek, less stout.) But 16" & 28oz. should make a good little chopper. Price looks good too for a dhar wood & chiruwa handle. Are you crazy? No, you're just infected like everyone else on this site.

If it doesn't bother you to get a different model than what you've been considering, then no problem. If you hesitate 'cause its not the model you wanted, you could wait since AKs have shown up frequently and the WWII less often. But they're still rebuilding the shops after the earthquake and not producing until... . Are you anxious to hold one of these tools & know what it feels like? If you decide to get one now, I'd recommend that you have a little cash cushion behind it because you're going to want another one soon.

Again, Welcome. If you haven't been checking this place, it is a great Forum. The Members & Moderators are very helpful and I don't think there's a bad heart in the bunch. Sometimes they roll over to the HI Cantina to check on earthquake news, recipes, babble, etc. Stickies at the top of the page have lots of good information and are recommended. The Safety Sticky is a must read, preferably before chopping. The Himalayan Imports Archive is informative and reminds us of those who aren't here anymore. I also recommend a review with pictures whenever you're inclined.

Hello BackInKentucky. Welcome to the Forum & HIKV.

Since I don't have a Ghopte or a khuk from this kami, I couldn't give a recommendation. If you're thinkin' about WWII or AK, that Ghopte looks in the same league. (The WWII is more sleek, less stout.) But 16" & 28oz. should make a good little chopper. Price looks good too for a dhar wood & chiruwa handle. Are you crazy? No, you're just infected like everyone else on this site.

If it doesn't bother you to get a different model than what you've been considering, then no problem. If you hesitate 'cause its not the model you wanted, you could wait since AKs have shown up frequently and the WWII less often. But they're still rebuilding the shops after the earthquake and not producing until... . Are you anxious to hold one of these tools & know what it feels like? If you decide to get one now, I'd recommend that you have a little cash cushion behind it because you're going to want another one soon.

Again, Welcome. If you haven't been checking this place, it is a great Forum. The Members & Moderators are very helpful and I don't think there's a bad heart in the bunch. Sometimes they roll over to the HI Cantina to check on earthquake news, recipes, babble, etc. Stickies at the top of the page have lots of good information and are recommended. The Safety Sticky is a must read, preferably before chopping. The Himalayan Imports Archive is informative and reminds us of those who aren't here anymore. I also recommend a review with pictures whenever you're inclined.
Well, I'm in between moves at the moment, so I think I'll wait for the next batch of blems before I make a decision. A purchase wont do anything without a good address, right? Since I posted I heard back from Yangdu, who recommended an 18 inch Dui chirra. I'm prone to trust her judgment here, so I might just end up with one of those, anyway. It's a bit longer than I was thinking originally, but a little extra reach is rarely a bad thing, especially since I'm a bit on the taller side. Does anyone have experience with one of those?
On a side note, of course I'm "anxious to hold one of these tools & know what it feels like"!! That's almost a silly question :p

I received the 12" AK. It's nice. I like it, and it will make a great backpacking blade. Light enough to carry a long distance with gear, yet still enough heft to handle light chopping. I put a nice edge on it too.

Back