Poll: How much would you be willing to pay...?

How much would you be willing to pay for a CPK obstacle course style cutting competition blade?

• Total voters
It would be at that ... and more versatile than an axe for most people.

You may be right! Hear that Lorien Lorien ? We could be on to something here with a whole new style of 2-handed knife for woods use! Introduce one bad ass one and others will follow suit... I really, really liked the blade that @Justin Presson used on his run. Looks like one I would use if I could do it all over again.

You may be right! Hear that Lorien Lorien ? We could be on to something here with a whole new style of 2-handed knife for woods use! Introduce one bad ass one and others will follow suit... I really, really liked the blade that @Justin Presson used on his run. Looks like one I would use if I could do it all over again.

it is nice to see how different blades perform ... and if you see something you like I like knowing who made it in case I am interested in the blade.

and I was just thinking about people camping and a Park Ranger coming into camp to check up on them ... and someone pulling out a sword type blade and explain it's for splitting wood ... a picture would be worth a 1000 words there.

Honestly I really like the idea and I've been thinking about it ever since Jo went on.

I've been admonished to make more small knives and reduce the choppers. I guess I've been having too much fun with the choppers. But I have been fantasizing about making a large light hand and a half, perhaps designed with a double edge on the second half. We've been talking about it in the shop and there is even a preliminary design. Seeing this interest here raises it up to the "possibility" level. I'd need to touch base with Lorien and Dan and see if the concept has legs.

Honestly I really like the idea and I've been thinking about it ever since Jo went on.

I've been admonished to make more small knives and reduce the choppers. I guess I've been having too much fun with the choppers. But I have been fantasizing about making a large light hand and a half, perhaps designed with a double edge on the second half. We've been talking about it in the shop and there is even a preliminary design. Seeing this interest here raises it up to the "possibility" level. I'd need to touch base with Lorien and Dan and see if the concept has legs.
Guess than answers this question:thumbsup:Any chance of seeing a collaboration Model (KOD) forthcoming between you, Nathan, and Dr. Dan Keffeler?

Great News Nathan-Thanks
Edit: You keeping building those Big Blades and I will keep buying them;):)

Last edited:
Nathan two points to note apart for it being a great idea to implement for the 2nd half of 2019:

1- Double edge, eh? Are you not concerned about prohibition of such in some States / Countries? Or would that be fine since it's going to be sword type blade and not a knife / dagger type?

2- Anything but a folder for quite a while longer... I know that this will piss some folks off but you'll have more of a niche with this one... JMHO

Has anyone considered that the size of this large, sharp object might very well not be "machinery" material, ie, could very well be of such size that a vast machinery change might be necessary, in order to produce such a "niche" piece?

Has anyone considered that the size of this large, sharp object might very well not be "machinery" material, ie, could very well be of such size that a vast machinery change might be necessary, in order to produce such a "niche" piece?

That's exactly what I was considering when I gave my estimate as being much higher than others have stated so far.

Nathan already indicated that the BC was maxing out his machine's dimensional capacity in ways that required multiple passes for some steps, whereas smaller knives could've been done in single passes or even fewer steps.

A knife this size would certainly be a more complicated process, and therefore much more labor intensive, in design, production planning, and execution.

Time is money...

Back