Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

used my rei 20% off and dividend on a yeti tundra 65...got invited to car camp next weekend so this should hold enough beer for me :D

yeti_tundra_65_zpsg1fpwgpn.jpg

Last edited:
Solar. Either one will charge my phone. Flashlight is 250 lumens with 18 hour runtime (on low); settings are high, low and flashing. I will use foil to make the lantern directional as needed. Dependable brand. These should be very handy car camping and at home.

DSCF4563 WOODS SOLAR LIGHTS 650 MED.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF4564 WOODS LIGHT ON 650 MED.jpg
    DSCF4564 WOODS LIGHT ON 650 MED.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1
Replaced my Trangia spirit burner and stand with a WhiteBox stove and replaced my Trangia mini pot with a Snow Peak bowl. My complete cookset/kitchen went from 423 gms/15 oz to 226 gms/8 oz. Everything fits in a single ziplock bag.

Previous set-up:
Camp%2520Kitchen%25202.jpg

Camp%2520Kitchen%25203.jpg

New set-up:
UL%2520Field%2520Kitchen.jpg

UL%2520Field%2520Kitchen%2520Weight.jpg

Titanium chopsticks.

Replaced my Trangia spirit burner and stand with a WhiteBox stove and replaced my Trangia mini pot with a Snow Peak bowl. My complete cookset/kitchen went from 423 gms/15 oz to 226 gms/8 oz. Everything fits in a single ziplock bag.

Previous set-up:
Camp%2520Kitchen%25202.jpg

Camp%2520Kitchen%25203.jpg

New set-up:
UL%2520Field%2520Kitchen.jpg

UL%2520Field%2520Kitchen%2520Weight.jpg
Way too heavy:p
You can shave more weight than that.
Here the same items but in titanium (except for the fuel bottle). 210g.
Note ginormous Vargo 900ml pot.
QNDdzGg.jpg

OaKGXUI.jpg

Exchanging the big 900ml Vargo pot for a LifeVenture ti mug for cooking, yet more weight can be shaved. The below = 190g.
1C8RBbb.jpg

cDUl3yI.jpg

Im slightly surprised, that you use a plastic ZipLoc bag, as you have gone on about the enviroment at length (a small fabric bag doesnt weigh much and will last far longer. I usually make my own - for example for holding the gear pictured).

Goes for some of your other items as well for that matter; titanium gear will outlast you and can be handed down for use by others instead of using synthetic gear. Dont get me started on the (wooden?) chopsticks and the impact of the many million made annually.

Reactions: JV3
Titanium chopsticks.

Way too heavy:p
You can shave more weight than that.
Here the same items but in titanium (except for the fuel bottle). 210g.
Note ginormous Vargo 900ml pot.
QNDdzGg.jpg

OaKGXUI.jpg

Exchanging the big 900ml Vargo pot for a LifeVenture ti mug for cooking, yet more weight can be shaved. The below = 190g.
1C8RBbb.jpg

cDUl3yI.jpg

Im slightly surprised, that you use a plastic ZipLoc bag, as you have gone on about the enviroment at length (a small fabric bag doesnt weigh much and will last far longer. I usually make my own - for example for holding the gear pictured).

Goes for some of your other items as well for that matter; titanium gear will outlast you and can be handed down for use by others instead of using synthetic gear. Dont get me started on the (wooden?) chopsticks and the impact of the many million made annually.

i have a keith titanium chopsticks too (the square handled one) and take it everywhere along with their titanium straw...the savings in waste does add up.

i have a keith titanium chopsticks too (the square handled one) and take it everywhere along with their titanium straw...the savings in waste does add up.
Arent they great! I carry them as well at times and also have the titanium straw.

Havent seen the Keith square handled ones. The chopsticks pictured are relatively short, which makes for easy carry in a pocket and after a little while, one doesnt miss the extra length of traditional (Japanese?) chopsticks.

And yes, the main reason I bought them was to not use disposable chopsticks. It most certainly adds up, as you say.

Titanium canteen, cup, lid.
Helikon Tex Cordura Essential Kitbag/canteen pouch.

q6Fz3Ml.jpg

The canteen pouch also holds:
- titanium bottle
- Vargo Titanium Triad alcohol stove
- Emberlit Titanium Fireant stove.
- titanium primer cup.
- titanium spork.
- fuel bottle.
- homemade kydex match box cover
- THYRM Pyro Vault Lighter Armor.
- small container for tea/coffee.
- seat pad.
- a knife of course (and/or a Bahco Laplander).

Last edited:

I have the square solid ones and the old straight super straw (made for smoothies). Sticks are quite long but a little thin for my fingers but between that and the straw, works good! In winter, I often bring Kimchi Soondubu Jjigae (tofu stew with pork I add) on my hikes. When I’m down to mostly liquid only, it’s cool enough to slurp up the remaining soup and small bits with the super straw and not burn my lips.

I have the square solid ones and the old straight super straw (made for smoothies). Sticks are quite long but a little thin for my fingers but between that and the straw, works good! In winter, I often bring Kimchi Soondubu Jjigae (tofu stew with pork I add) on my hikes. When I’m down to mostly liquid only, it’s cool enough to slurp up the remaining soup and small bits with the super straw and not burn my lips.

now i want some bubble tea :)

Back