1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by KuRUpTD, Mar 14, 2012.

1. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    B4AC8DFD-B11F-400A-B2D6-7EAC7DC29241.jpeg Picked up a pair of Leitz Trinovid 10X40 binoculars at a gun show.

d762nato likes this.
  2. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    I dearly love Matt's version of the Kephart. I had one in walnut and let it go.
    I found this one made by maker @Mike McCarter and I had to have one. This one is very true to the original. Mike was able to access the one that Ethan Becker has to study and take measurements from.
    I have a BK62 and another custom Kephart that don't come close to it.
    [​IMG]

JV3 likes this.
  3. Pilsner

Pilsner Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Just took delivery of what is now the lightest fixed blade in my possession. A Rainier Knives Fastpac, in Elmax. It’s a gorgeous little knife and I am impressed. :thumbsup: Will post a review in due course, after some use. Bought for seriously light weight stuff outdoor trips. Photo from the manufacturer’s site, my camera is malfunctioning. :oops:

[​IMG]

bore, taldesta and jmh33 like this.
  4. bore

bore

May 20, 2015
    I get it. Bet you can use it to use a socket extension

5. JV3

JV3 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2010
    my first set of mini spray bottles are now several years old and still functioning like new so i bought more in case it gets discontinued...these are great for holding rubbing alcohol and i stash them all over the house and garage to wipe tape residue, food, etc. from my knives. also holds quick detailer spray for the vehicles to clean up bird poop on the paint, etc.

[​IMG]

i have no real use for these but i just had to buy it and the reason is obvious :D the tape dispenser is actually the nicest one i've seen so far build-wise and proportions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JV3

JV3 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2010
    hard to pass up rei's sale recently...the second msr whisperlite universal was a whopping 40% off from that big river site :D

[​IMG]

7. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Arrived yesterday. Silva Type 23 Sun Watch Huntsman. 7 grams.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  8. crufflers

crufflers

Apr 28, 2015
    Old Japanese sharpening stones. Anyone know anything about these?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

mewolf1 likes this.
  9. John A. Larsen

John A. Larsen

Jan 15, 2001
    Leghog, Nice Silva! I have never gotten one of those with the brass body, the one I ended up with is black plastic marked "Sun Watch Huntsman". Carried it for many years when traveling and used it a lot in places like Thailand. John

leghog likes this.
  10. mewolf1

mewolf1 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 24, 2005
    My guess is that they are water stones. Keep them wet while sharpening.

crufflers likes this.
  11. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Taylor #1075 BSA compass in bakelite case and with twisted bar needle. Still holds true. From the 1940s.
    [​IMG]

315, bore, gwdodd and 3 others like this.
  12. bore

bore

May 20, 2015