Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

troy a4 other firearm...10.5" barrel, flash hider, collapsible arm-brace and it's still legal in nj :eek:

troy_other_firearm_zpsfglvtw6o.jpg

takes glock 9 mm mags...gotta love these creative people finding ways around our ill-conceived laws :D

troy_other_firearm_mark_zps1g1fo6pa.jpg

first impression is awesome...the machining, fit & finish...everything feels tight. my only complaint is the texture and the gap between the grip and trigger guard instantly bothers my hand (my middle finger's middle joint is directly against it).

troy_grip_gap_01_zpsepqzuzcy.jpg

when i jammed a piece of paper in the gap it was a million times better so a switch to a bcm is a must right away for me.

troy_grip_gap_02_zpskxwoc9ka.jpg

also the mag that comes with it is a double-stack 10-rounder (top)...what a useless mag! they should've included instead a g17's mag (bottom) so it fits a wider range of glocks too.

troy_mag_zpsuvszypn5.jpg

with my 14.5" mid-length bcm above...the troy is so much shorter and lighter it feels like a toy.

bcm_troy_zpscue47hei.jpg

troy a4 other firearm...10.5" barrel, flash hider, collapsible arm-brace and it's still legal in nj :eek:

troy_other_firearm_zpsfglvtw6o.jpg

takes glock 9 mm mags...gotta love these creative people finding ways around our ill-conceived laws :D

troy_other_firearm_mark_zps1g1fo6pa.jpg

first impression is awesome...the machining, fit & finish...everything feels tight. my only complaint is the texture and the gap between the grip and trigger guard instantly bothers my hand (my middle finger's middle joint is directly against it).

troy_grip_gap_01_zpsepqzuzcy.jpg

when i jammed a piece of paper in the gap it was a million times better so a switch to a bcm is a must right away for me.

troy_grip_gap_02_zpskxwoc9ka.jpg

also the mag that comes with it is a double-stack 10-rounder (top)...what a useless mag! they should've included instead a g17's mag (bottom) so it fits a wider range of glocks too.

troy_mag_zpsuvszypn5.jpg

with my 14.5" mid-length bcm above...the troy is so much shorter and lighter it feels like a toy.

bcm_troy_zpscue47hei.jpg

Nice guns!
For that trigger guard issue, if you’re not aware of it already, Magpul makes a really nice enhanced trigger guard in both aluminum and polymer that’ll fill the gap under the protrusion on your grip so that you could shave that off of the grip or replace the grip entirely and not have that issue anymore. the guards are cheap and if you decide to go that route, check out the MagPul K2 grip. The straighter angle makes holding braced AR’s much more comfortable with their shorter length of pull.
BCM also make a nice straighter grip.
Anyway, sweet toys, thanks for sharing.

Nice guns!
For that trigger guard issue, if you’re not aware of it already, Magpul makes a really nice enhanced trigger guard in both aluminum and polymer that’ll fill the gap under the protrusion on your grip so that you could shave that off of the grip or replace the grip entirely and not have that issue anymore. the guards are cheap and if you decide to go that route, check out the MagPul K2 grip. The straighter angle makes holding braced AR’s much more comfortable with their shorter length of pull.
BCM also make a nice straighter grip.
Anyway, sweet toys, thanks for sharing.

thanks! bcm grip, trigger guard and short vertical foregrip should be arriving today :)

Congrats! I think you’ll be very happy with those choices.
I have the BCM grip on a PWS MK116 MK1 Mod2 rifle and I like it a lot. As much as I like the MagPul K2 grip on my braced pistol and SBR if I had the BCM grip first I’m not sure which one I would’ve bought for the other 2 guns. The amount of choices that are available in this golden age of AR’s is almost ridiculous, and I love it:)

Reactions: JV3
U.S. Army M1938 lensatic compass. Later model which is induction damped (white bowl) from Superior Magneto.

M1938%2520Compass%2520Top.jpg

M1938%2520Compass%2520Bottom.jpg

M1938%2520Compass%2520Open.jpg
I haven’t been here in years. Still collecting knives and gear. Didn’t I get on here last night and started buying vintage compasses again because of you! Cheers sir! An amazing collection! Love old school Silva. I actually live in Binghamton, NY, where Silva was made or at least owned for a while. Good friends with the guy who runs the Eureka company store. Looking forward to showing him some vintage aluminum dials! Thanks for getting me back on!

vortex crossfire for my troy other firearm...anyone used this extensively? larue even makes a mount for it which i took as an endorsement as well. hard to justify an aimpoint micro t-2 for it until at least a few hundred rounds through it to see if i like it and it's reliable.

vortex_crossfire_zpsbesvwlhe.jpg

surefire x300u…i like buying from b&h (after getting a fake from amazon i stayed away when it comes to stuff like this) because they always throw in a neat freebie flashlight.

surefire_x300_042420_zps8jjza9wl.jpg

Great lights JV3!!

Not having any guns to install a light like that, I have opted for more civilized items such as the Petzl Swift 900 RL.

I misplaced/lost one of my climbing headlamps recently and decided to buy one of these. reactive technology that addapts the amount of light to the ambient light, which helps not getting blinded by excess light AND to save on battery. 100gr and 900lm... it is just THAT great!

Mikel

...the Petzl Swift 900 RL...

Yesterday I tried this light for the first time. Here in Spain they just have just started descalating the confinment and we are allowed to practice sports between 06:00 to 10:00 and 20:00 to 23:00. But we cannot take the car to get to the trailheads. You have to walk from and to your house.

Where I live we are surrounded by mountains so we have been allowed to go hiking so I decided to get out and do something Sunday early morning.

I browsed through Wikiloc trying to find some not-so-crowded trails and boy did I find the right one... lol.

I was out in the street by 05:55, ran to the trailhead (6:25, still very dark) and as soon as I got into the trail (narrow, lots of vegetation, lots of mud, etc) and I realised I could not rely on ambient light to walk in there at a fast pace. I switched on the Petzl Swift for the first time. It stays put even running despite not having an additional band on top to prevent sliding downwards. The reactive techonology is awesome. when I hit the occasional clearing in the trail it lowered the power all by itself (more ambient light). Go into the bushes again, and up it goes. I was running it in low reactive mode and didn't feel the need for more light. Maybe Killian Jornet going full bore might need to see further down the trail so not to crash against something but... not me. It also provides a broad area of ilumination, not tunnel like (as my Led Lenser H7.2R does).

I cannot recommend it enough!

Mikel

more x300s...couldn't help it the price was too good to pass up...come to think of it now i have to buy two more guns to put these on so i don't think i saved money. d'oh!

x300_from_armsunlimited_zpsgdkowl2p.jpg

more x300s...couldn't help it the price was too good to pass up...come to think of it now i have to buy two more guns to put these on so i don't think i saved money. d'oh!

JV3, confess.... you have a light fixation of some kind. Nothing to be ashamed off! I don't judge!:D:D

You know there's garlic lol. Nice lights. Wish it would be practical here. But a flash light on my 12g is ok here

You know there's garlic lol. Nice lights. Wish it would be practical here. But a flash light on my 12g is ok here

when i was a kid growing up in the philippines my cousins and i would watch a horror film and we'd end up making garlic necklaces before going to bed :D

arcteryx knee caps.

arcteryx_knee_caps_zpsbgtnm5vt.jpg

it came highly recommended by a friend who just got done with a rifle class (see pic below). super lightweight and he said not once did it slip so figured worth a try.

arcteryx_knee_caps_chris_zpsq1wydh06.jpg

arcteryx knee caps.

I didn't know that Arcteryx (AKA "Dead Bird" brand) was into the making of tactical gear! I believe they are marketed to the aid climbing community, who may spend quite a long time hanging from gear which inevitably ends up with your knees on the wall. It takes a toll on your climbing pants.

If they are priced according to their other pieces of gear, they got to be expensive as f....

Mikel

Back