Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

Noticed that I had the second post in this thread back in 2012. Lots of stuff has come and gone since then but latest to come is Fenix HM65R headlamp. What a beast

This is a RTAMO 100% Titanium Gr5 Outdoor Gardening Hand Tool Multi-Functional Shovel.

i'm almost done moving all my primary lights to surefire.

m5Taf05.jpg

JQbhCOa.jpg

orbtronic 16340 and 16650...i get conflicting info from people whether or not rechargeables work with surefire lights so i figured i'll just bite the bullet and try them first hand on the specific ones i own. i've been using several 18650 (from orbtronic, surefire, and fenix) with my 2 fury tactical for about a year now and there are two youtube videos showing a 16650 working fine in a tactician so there's a good chance that 16340 will work in the single cell ones too.

i'll use it for a few weeks and report back if i fried or blew up any of them but my initial testing is as follows: :)

i tried a 16340 in the e1b-mv and edcl1-t (both use 1 cr123) and it works fine. the 16650 works fine in the tactician and g2x tactical (both use 2 cr123) as well. i did a quick side by side test with fresh surefire made cr123 and i can't tell a difference inside the house wall testing...i don't know when i'll get around to it but i need to do side by side test outside in complete darkness to see if i can tell a difference then.

the 16340 will not fit in an x300/x400 though - it's a tad too long for it to close...but since those are weapon-mounted lights i'm okay with sticking with surefire disposables to ensure maximum reliability.

now here's a big no-no from what i've read but i tried two 16340 (in series) in the g2x tactical (600 lumens), tactician (800 lumens) and fury (1,500 lumens) for the hell of it and all of them turned on just fine although it only looked like 100 lumens or so.

with all battery types i left each one turned on for at least 5 minutes each several times (letting them cool down in between) in maximum brightness and did have a fire extinguisher in hand just in case but none of them blew up or anything like that. temp-wise i didn't notice anything out of the norm either...with the g2x i left both on side by side (with orbtronic and the other with disposable surefire in series) for at least 15 minutes and measured head temps with a heat gun every 2 minutes or so and both never got hotter than 115 deg f or so.

in short, i feel safe enough to continue to use the orbtronics based on my initial testing. i don't know if it'll reduce the emitter's lifespan and by how much but i'm willing to take that risk.

i'm almost done moving all my primary lights to surefire.

Don't worry JV3, once you are done with that you will soon find another way to splurge money on...:D:D:D How about some nice headlamps from Petzl?

I have my eyes set on some tools (battery powered tools) and expecting to find some discounts on Black Friday. Kind of glad that we (spaniards) have imported that date out of your calendar.

Outdoor related... not so much. Need to buy a new coil of single climbing rope (Beal Opera 70m) but being confined as we are not, does not make much sense to buy now have it aging in the closet...

Mikel

Don't worry JV3, once you are done with that you will soon find another way to splurge money on...:D:D:D How about some nice headlamps from Petzl?

I have my eyes set on some tools (battery powered tools) and expecting to find some discounts on Black Friday. Kind of glad that we (spaniards) have imported that date out of your calendar.

Outdoor related... not so much. Need to buy a new coil of single climbing rope (Beal Opera 70m) but being confined as we are not, does not make much sense to buy now have it aging in the closet...

Mikel

yes, no worries...i already splurged on a new tennis ball machine and bag :D keep it just between you and me but that bag isn't really for rackets but for carrying my guns and ammo...and flaming gasoline-soaked tennis balls should be perfect against zombies :eek:

pvYQBL4.jpg

i have enough petzl headlamps - great lights and none have died so far. reason for the surefires is i'm tired of fenix lights malfuctioning despite light use around the house only...i have yet to have a single surefire malfunction even after being weapon-mounted, going through thousands of gunshot recoils, and being bumped around, etc.

i bought 2 of these coleman dual fuel 533 from kohl's a few days ago and both came with significant dents in the fuel tank...1 leaks fuel where the brass generator screws into the fuel tank (i disassembled it and tried to tighten it but it won't budge)...so i ordered 4 more from walmart to hand pick an undamaged 2 to keep but they also have varying levels of tank dents...all have date stamps of 02/21 (bottom of the fuel tank).

that fuel tank is made of really thick metal as far as i can tell (it's a beefy stove!) so it would not have gotten dented without the sticker getting damaged too so i'm betting it already had a dent before it went to painting dept. and stickering, etc...if they have multiple people checking it from each dept. then they all missed them big time....or maybe no real quality control checks at all? what happened to made in u.s.a. high quality? :(

i already contacted customer service today (the e-mail replies from them are very fast!) and the person said they don't have any in stock so just return all of them to the stores...just a head's up.

k2IfMmF.jpg

i bought 2 of these coleman dual fuel 533 from kohl's a few days ago and both came with significant dents in the fuel tank...1 leaks fuel where the brass generator screws into the fuel tank (i disassembled it and tried to tighten it but it won't budge)...so i ordered 4 more from walmart to hand pick an undamaged 2 to keep but they also have varying levels of tank dents...all have date stamps of 02/21 (bottom of the fuel tank).

that fuel tank is made of really thick metal as far as i can tell (it's a beefy stove!) so it would not have gotten dented without the sticker getting damaged too so i'm betting it already had a dent before it went to painting dept. and stickering, etc...if they have multiple people checking it from each dept. then they all missed them big time....or maybe no real quality control checks at all? what happened to made in u.s.a. high quality? :(

i already contacted customer service today (the e-mail replies from them are very fast!) and the person said they don't have any in stock so just return all of them to the stores...just a head's up.

k2IfMmF.jpg
Too bad. Haven't used that stove, been using butane stoves like the Soto Windmaster

Back