• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Potential Scammer alert/stolen knife?

i just read through this and this is appalling! the reason why i received my money back is because i never received the knives and thats also the reason he can't follow any legal venues is because i've done nothing wrong. Deric is just doing what he said he was going to do "drag my name through the mud across the internet", if anyone deserves to be banned from this forum it would be him. I hope you understand that everything here is proof in a libel case. i will be contacting my lawyer

We see exactly this type of language here frequently from the party in the wrong, rather than just stating of a case. You'd do better to try to explain yourself.

dericdesmond 511 total positive feedback, zero negative feedback.

MikeyT33 Zero feedback.

Not taking sides..
Both sides should fully plead their case
Get Moderators involved
Hoping for a good outcome.

If you're going to post my emails you should post your disgusting emails and threats that you sent me! Who won the paypal case? If anyone is getting scammed here it is me. I've done business with sveral people through ebay and have never had a problem and have never had a problem with a single person i've done business with through here. I wouldn't have seen this if it wasn't for a gentleman notifying me. This is absurd and i'd never scam anyone for any reason. Posting my information and lying is a great way to get sued for libel. I new you were crazy from the moment you told me that you hoped your dead mother would haunt my effing dreams.

You signed for the knives.

Yes my first few sent emails in response to an out of the blue chargeback were omitted as they were certainly not cordial. If the forum wants me to share them as well I will or you feel free to man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paypal side with you on those "10 other people"?
Gotta say, for you get to scammed 11xs all at once is quite the feat :)

This could be the basis for a new John Grisham novel. Little known southern small town lawyer rises from obscurity, by defending the good name of a young mail fraud suspect, whose reputation is being tarnished on the internet, due to his seeming lack of integrity, and failed business dealings.

Last edited:
This could be the basis for a new John Grisham novel. Little known southern small town lawyer rises from obscurity, by defending the good name of a young mail fraud suspect, whose reputation is being tarnished on the internet, due to his seeming lack of integrity, and failed business dealings.
I'd buy that book. Except I've already experienced most of it here in this thread.... Hmmm. Upsell me Mr. Grisham!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You rock!! Thank you : )
f19e216cfb53f52a7b6ddab6737d3862.jpg

I rarely go back and re-read a thread a second time. This still reeks 100% of a scammer.

Okay, it's 1:40 am and I have a sneaking suspicion about this case.

I'm wondering if this scammer isn't some 20 something kid who had been using Dad's credit card (unbeknownst to Dad) to fund his PayPal account while he bought up knives he liked. After all, he did express concern about you calling his parent's house and he comes across in his emails like an immature little jerk.

Dad found charges on his credit card going to a PayPal account, had never set up a PayPal account (gasp!) so he asked his cc company for a chargeback as he thinks someone must have stolen his cc info and set up a fraudulent PayPal account! He has no idea that sonny boy has been using the credit card funded PayPal account to feed his sharp, pointy thing addiction and that all those charges to his credit card are from Jr.'s knife purchases.

Just my wild out-in-left-field why-am-I-still-awake crazy theory on this after reading through the thread. You may point and laugh now.

Seriously, though, Eric, I hope this is all resolved for you soon and in your favor.

^ I'm still thinking that LizaMari, is pretty close with her speculation.

What really pisses me off, is the fact that this little pencil neck looking geek not only got away with this thieving scam...but that he also had the audacity to come here on BF's, attempting to smear one of BladeForums most reputable member's.

Have a great day Eric. :) And please, don't give this little POS the satisfaction of adding any more stress on top of what he's already put you through...just let it go brother, and put this nightmare in your rear view mirror.

When you call your Lawyer Mikey make sure he's criminal and not civil , before the new one size fits all bracelets from the Postal Inspectors go click .

Eric has been nothing short of good to me in my dealings with him. Stand up fellow he is. Couldn't help but to chime in. Carry on.

If you're going to post my emails you should post your disgusting emails and threats that you sent me! Who won the paypal case? If anyone is getting scammed here it is me. I've done business with sveral people through ebay and have never had a problem and have never had a problem with a single person i've done business with through here. I wouldn't have seen this if it wasn't for a gentleman notifying me. This is absurd and i'd never scam anyone for any reason. Posting my information and lying is a great way to get sued for libel. I new you were crazy from the moment you told me that you hoped your dead mother would haunt my effing dreams.

i just read through this and this is appalling! the reason why i received my money back is because i never received the knives and thats also the reason he can't follow any legal venues is because i've done nothing wrong. Deric is just doing what he said he was going to do "drag my name through the mud across the internet", if anyone deserves to be banned from this forum it would be him. I hope you understand that everything here is proof in a libel case. i will be contacting my lawyer

So prove what you are saying. If it is true it shouldn't be hard. That is what the OP has done.

And please do me a favor, Mikey. Don't ever crap in one of my sales thread's. Your etiquette, or lack thereof, is pathetic!
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ayfarer-Dress-One-Off?p=16985460#post16985460

MikeyT33, I ABSOLUTELY take this as you being a jerk. A jerk of a MAJOR kind. You have ZERO etiquette and zero credibility, LITERALLY, you have 0 feedback.

All BF members, please click on the above link and see what kind of a person MikeyT33 is. Right there, he clearly demonstrates he doesn't care about Blade Forum rules, or he's just illiterate.

I did not realize this and I apologize if this has already been stated, but dericdesmond has a feedback score of 396 unique positive, no negative. FIVE HUNDRED+ total positive feedback. Member since 2007. I'm going to go out on the limb, but I'm almost certain he's not going to risk his reputation built up over 10 years for a few dollars or knives.

Also MikeyT33, you have that typical scammer response, "I'm gonna call my lawyer!". Such a dead giveaway.

Last edited:
I am inclined to believe the gentleman with 396 positives and a 10 yr history here. It's a no-brainer!

yep. seeing how this mikeyt33 hasn't taken the time to explain what happened really at all, as well as his stories don't add up........ it tells me all i need to know. i also know Eric is a solid guy over all these years here.

good luck with that lawsuit.....you should be saving your money on a lawyer to stay out of jail on possible financial and mail fraud.

Back