Production M390 - Expectation vs Reality?

So they're just spending so much time in their safe you're forgetting how much use you've put on the blade?

The point was you know how to sharpen your knife. And that any time that would happen the problem was not the steel. It's your maintenance was lazy

No one magically loses an edge.

WHOOOOOOOOSH

I can just imagine you standing there blaming your blade for it not being sharp...hahaha

So they're just spending so much time in their safe you're forgetting how much use you've put on the blade?

The point was you know how to sharpen your knife. And that any time that would happen the problem was not the steel. It's your maintenance was lazy

No one magically loses an edge.

WHOOOOOOOOSH

I can just imagine you standing there blaming your blade for it not being sharp...hahaha
Tpmvioy.jpg

There is a common theme here

Knife users and collectors making videos.

You gonna post a video of you shaving a hair next? As you tape yourself sharpening blades you in theory don't have time to sharpen that's why you bought the nice steel?

Insanity

Which is why you all bought this crap and didn't notice. Hahahah

This thread is gold. Use em more. They'll stay plenty sharp to cut tape and garlic. Hahahaha

edit - i can imagine you testing the sharpness on your hairs now, squinting, that's even funnier

You gonna post a video of you shaving a hair next? As you tape yourself sharpening blades you in theory don't have time to sharpen that's why you bought the nice steel?

Insanity

This thread is gold. Use em more. They'll stay plenty sharp to cut tape and garlic. Hahahaha

edit - i can imagine you testing the sharpness on your hairs now, squinting, that's even funnier
iCq3xYM.jpg

Yea i'm gonna go with the same stance I have on the rest of my tools. I maintain them when it's logical.

Whether I take some enjoyment out of it isn't really relevant.

Just wanted to laugh at your little anecdotes from the eyes of a safe queen.

Yea i'm gonna go with the same stance I have on the rest of my tools. I maintain them when it's logical.

You’re poking at a custom knife maker who has done quite a bit at educating the community here (and on IG/YT). Respectfully, give it a rest.

Just a note...BBB not only makes great knives he also uses them, tests them, beats em up to failure, and is a talented sharpener.

Insanity

KhRAN99.jpg

y4cAUaX.jpg

boooVNS.jpg

jlt2iqS.jpg

vZrCq4w.jpg

oMC4G5d.jpg

RnaZVxC.jpg

Toam1jo.jpg

LCMgRFf.jpg

RyLnj0V.jpg

lcHrvM4.jpg

cX6zLBj.jpg

Uscvokk.jpg

nRenooC.jpg

ZL8UOcl.jpg

26XUu4H.jpg

Aside from doing the YouTube thing, I enjoy pausing at work to take pictures.

B Banter 247 , I'm happy to report my MBK EZC has grown on me quite a bit. It's been a regular EDC for months now.

I LOVE hearing that, my friend. I decided I needed a custom after reviewing the MBK version (it’s my favorite of Ray’s Designs), but I may still wind up with an MBK version as well. I love that knife.

I LOVE hearing that, my friend. I decided I needed a custom after reviewing the MBK version (it’s my favorite of Ray’s Designs), but I may still wind up with an MBK version as well. I love that knife.

I haven't been keeping up. So yours is an original Laconico? Sweet.

Although the steel seems brittle (it got a small chip a way back), it's pretty easy to maintain on a Sharpmaker. Is that counter-intuitive? It has cut plastic on occasion, though I generally use it on soft foods. So far, so good.

It's damn handy at its size.

I haven't been keeping up. So yours is an original Laconico? Sweet.

Although the steel seems brittle (it got a small chip a way back), it's pretty easy to maintain on a Sharpmaker. Is that counter-intuitive? Although it has cut plastic on occasion, I generally use it on soft foods. So far, so good.

Yeah, I decided this was the year to finally round out my wish list, so I picked up the small 21 Insingo and the custom EZC. I was checking out Ray’s Croc prototype to give him feedback while I was waiting for the EZC, which was like three weeks of foreplay before the real party started. I’ve used it a LOT since day 1. Completely in love.

Back