1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Production M390 - Expectation vs Reality?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Cosmodragoon, Jun 11, 2019.

1. DeadboxHero

DeadboxHero Triple B Handmade Knives, Big Brown Bear

Mar 22, 2014

Eli Chaps likes this.
  2. BigWillie

BigWillie

Jun 4, 2019
    So they're just spending so much time in their safe you're forgetting how much use you've put on the blade?

The point was you know how to sharpen your knife. And that any time that would happen the problem was not the steel. It's your maintenance was lazy

No one magically loses an edge.

WHOOOOOOOOSH

I can just imagine you standing there blaming your blade for it not being sharp...hahaha

3. DeadboxHero

Mar 22, 2014
    [​IMG]

4. BigWillie

BigWillie

Jun 4, 2019
    There is a common theme here

Knife users and collectors making videos.

You gonna post a video of you shaving a hair next? As you tape yourself sharpening blades you in theory don't have time to sharpen that's why you bought the nice steel?

Insanity

Which is why you all bought this crap and didn't notice. Hahahah

This thread is gold. Use em more. They'll stay plenty sharp to cut tape and garlic. Hahahaha

edit - i can imagine you testing the sharpness on your hairs now, squinting, that's even funnier

redw0lf likes this.
  5. DeadboxHero

Mar 22, 2014
    [​IMG]

marrenmiller, Mo2, Eli Chaps and 4 others like this.
  6. BigWillie

BigWillie

Jun 4, 2019
    Yea i'm gonna go with the same stance I have on the rest of my tools. I maintain them when it's logical.

Whether I take some enjoyment out of it isn't really relevant.

Just wanted to laugh at your little anecdotes from the eyes of a safe queen.

7. DeadboxHero

Mar 22, 2014
    You crack me up :D :D

Show me, don't tell me.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Cheers :)

8. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    You’re poking at a custom knife maker who has done quite a bit at educating the community here (and on IG/YT). Respectfully, give it a rest.

9. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Just a note...BBB not only makes great knives he also uses them, tests them, beats em up to failure, and is a talented sharpener.

10. DeadboxHero

Mar 22, 2014
    Banter 247 and ScooterG like this.
  11. Banter 247

Banter 247

Feb 22, 2019
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aside from doing the YouTube thing, I enjoy pausing at work to take pictures.

12. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    @Banter 247 , I'm happy to report my MBK EZC has grown on me quite a bit. It's been a regular EDC for months now.

Banter 247 likes this.
  13. Banter 247

Banter 247

Feb 22, 2019
    I LOVE hearing that, my friend. I decided I needed a custom after reviewing the MBK version (it’s my favorite of Ray’s Designs), but I may still wind up with an MBK version as well. I love that knife.

marchone likes this.
  14. cistercian

cistercian

Apr 22, 2015
    The packing straps with glass fiber reinforcement are hell on a blade!
    When you need an edge that is strong and won't roll or chip!

Banter 247 likes this.
  15. Banter 247

Banter 247

Feb 22, 2019
    Yyyyuuuuppp. It’s normal for me to cut more than 100 of those per week, in addition to the zip ties and cardboard.

cistercian likes this.
  16. marchone

Mar 13, 2013
    I haven't been keeping up. So yours is an original Laconico? Sweet.

Although the steel seems brittle (it got a small chip a way back), it's pretty easy to maintain on a Sharpmaker. Is that counter-intuitive? It has cut plastic on occasion, though I generally use it on soft foods. So far, so good.

It's damn handy at its size.

Banter 247 likes this.
  17. Banter 247

Banter 247

Feb 22, 2019
    Yeah, I decided this was the year to finally round out my wish list, so I picked up the small 21 Insingo and the custom EZC. I was checking out Ray’s Croc prototype to give him feedback while I was waiting for the EZC, which was like three weeks of foreplay before the real party started. I’ve used it a LOT since day 1. Completely in love.

marchone likes this.
  18. marchone

Mar 13, 2013
    If I could get on Ray's wait list for an EZC, I probably would. It's a damn good design.

Banter 247 likes this.
  19. Banter 247

Banter 247

Feb 22, 2019
    If you want one, Instagram and the FB page are good ways to go. His IG feed is beautiful. He experiments a lot these days.

marchone likes this.
  20. marchone

Mar 13, 2013
    I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Banter 247 likes this.