~Project Complete!~ I'm making friction folders! What blade steels do you want to see in them?

Which blade steel would you most like to see in a 3" bladed EDC friction folder?

• Total voters
And the thrill ! Mine is from a batch of three made in CPM20CV, from around 10/10. There will be more to come, including colour handles, as announced.

Got me pm in. Now the wait?
Thanks for the interest!

Yes, if anyone is interested in placing an order, they're more than welcome to send me a DM and we can discuss options. As I said before, my intention is to place threads in the appropriate subforum, but it seems I haven't been able to keep any on hand long enough to do so. Not that I'm complaining!

I'm still going to be updating this thread with upcoming options and changes, of course.

Speaking of, here is a photo of the current G10 colour options!

2fuyoXr.jpg

Like the title says. I've been developing this for a while, and in the next month or so I'll be making them; first prototypes are done, I'm just trying to narrow down materials for a first batch. I'm looking to keep these as affordable as possible, so that's why I've chosen those particular steels; I want to know what steel people would prefer, hence the poll. GKD seemed like the best place to get opinions from a wide range of users here.

Blade is 3", handle is 4.25". Extended tang "stick" is exposed for one-handed opening. Currently debating whether I should go about making pocket clips or not.

Edited to add; since it's come up a few times now, the handle material will most likely be G10.

oLXKQmtl.jpg

Looks amazing! Please add pocket clips. I'll definitely be in the market for one of your knives if it has a good pocket clip.

Again, it looks great

A website will come along eventually but for now if you've got any specific questions feel free to DM me! If it's more general information type stuff I can also answer questions here.

The_Iron_Joe The_Iron_Joe Shoot me a PM. I use your knife daily. It's a bliss. Really. A step above the readily available higonokami. However, I have spotted areas of possible improvement. If you are interested, shoot ! You're welcome.

I got one of his knives recently and love it I happened to get one in black Micarta and really love the feel of the Micarta not sure how it would compare to the G10 but definitely happy with it.

These are very cool... Great design. Personally I'd like a carbon steel blade. Doesn't really matter what- 1095, O1, A2, W2, etc!! A quick pass on a strop n it will cut n cut plus a pretty patina would make my day!! Of course I'd need to have mine in green canvas micarta though!! That's A non starter!!!!

Nice work with these knives!!

Back